Metric Trapezoidal Threads

I need to machine some metric trapezoidal threads. Both internal and external.
What's the best way to do that?
Is hand grinding the tools going to be my best approach? I think maybe it
is since they are for making molds of two mating parts. The molds can't be of the exact thread forms or the parts won't fit together. A proper cutting tool for those threads might not produce what I need. I'm still thinking my way through the process.
On 12/5/2018 10:04 AM, Bob La Londe wrote:

There's guy on Youtube that ground his own tools for making ACME threads. Same thing as trapezoidal. Only different. He has a channel. This Old Tony.
Steve
"shiggins" wrote in message
On 12/5/2018 10:04 AM, Bob La Londe wrote:

There's guy on Youtube that ground his own tools for making ACME threads. Same thing as trapezoidal. Only different. He has a channel. This Old Tony.
Steve
**************** Thanks Steve. I actually follow his channel and I've seen the "ACME? Ac-You" title a few times. I don't think I ever watched it before. Thanks again.

A local vendor who has closed sold me an imported 3-axis angle vise like this that I use to surface-grind angular and trapezoidal threading and spline milling bits.
http://www.wikiwand.com/en/Tool_and_cutter_grinder
"Jim Wilkins" wrote in message

A local vendor who has closed sold me an imported 3-axis angle vise like this that I use to surface-grind angular and trapezoidal threading and spline milling bits.
http://www.wikiwand.com/en/Tool_and_cutter_grinder
The link brings up a CNC tool grinder. If that's what he gave you.... WOW! I'm impressed.
You reminded my I have an antique (its so old the cords have cloth wrap) basic tool grinder on the shelf that I saved from going into the dumpster on a house clean out from a hoarder who passed on. Its halfway apart and needs to be taken all the way apart, but it might just be a good project to move up the projects board.

I wish! My surface and cutter grinder is a small manual machine from the 1940's.
The vise is similar to the vise on multiple swivels on the table of the green manual tool & cutter grinder. I used it for example to grind a trapezoidal bit to spline a shaft to accept a motorcycle final drive sprocket, in the transmission on my sawmill.
I machined the shaft grooves slightly too small and pressed on the sprocket, so the bit geometry didn't have to match exactly.