Mightey Mite mini table saw easily convert to a grinder ?

Hello guys. Just wondering if this Mightey Mite miniature table saw offered by Harbor Freight is built such that it could easily be used as a grinder for
occasional use ? Would welcome anyone with any experience using this little tool.
To see what I'm talking about go here: http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?ItemnumberF379
Also, I noticed that it said the maximum cut is only 3/4" at 90 degrees --- can it be modified to give a 1" cut, to anyone's knowledge ? I have a mitre saw that I use to cut 80/20 stuff with all the time, but I am looking for something that I can do some small work with and not have to drag the mitre saw out just for those things. ( I have limited shop space for now ... )
Thanks for any comments ! JCD

I wouldn't even think of that. Bet the bearings would go south in a hurry because they are not mad to take the force in the direction you would be putting it

Harbor
little
here:http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?ItemnumberF379
degrees ---

mitre
for
mitre
Great info! Something I hadn't even thought of. Along with the other post this has helped me to decide against it. Thanks ! JCD

I bought the Mighty Mite because it was on sale. After using it for 5 minutes, I'm not sure it was a good deal.
I tried to cut 1/16" plywood, and it was struggling.
There is a HF mini-grinder with flex shaft (use it as a dremel) for about $30 on sale. But the 4" table saw doesn't have a lot of room near the shaft. It's hard getting the blades on as it is.
I'd think it be better to get two tools.

If you replace the table, perhaps.

It has to be really small. Basswood. Pine. Veneer. If it's hardwood, you may be limited to 1/32" thick.
writes:

Harbor
little
shaft.
degrees ---

for
mitre
That's exactly the kind of info I was hoping for. You have confirmed what my gut was telling me. Thank you very much! JCD
Hi Guys:
I'm going through the current topics to hopefully suggest a way to tag valid RCM traffic.
Add RCM: on the beginning of the title line - BEFORE the obligatory OT, OK?
Then we can filter on that tag.
Also need to add a filter for Re: RCM: to get the reply lines.
Hang tight - keep posting.
CaveLamb