Milawukee comes through!

You all may recall a post I made last week concerning a refused warranty repair on a Milwaukee worm drive saw. Well I am most happy (and relieved) to report that I recieved a call from the regional service guy that I had voiced mailed last week telling me that he was authorizing the repair under warranty.

He indicated that he had not seen the saw himself, but felt from my description of the issue (pretty much what I posted here), that I did not appear to be trying to get something for nothing, and on that basis alone, was authorizing the repair.

I thanked him profusely, for: A) returning my call and B) not assuming that I was trying to rip them off with a bogus repair claim. ( I was not)

I am happy and relieved with that, not just because they are fixing the saw for free, though that is nice, but more so because I was able to reach a human who put me on to somebody who could make a decision, all with one phone call. Pretty rare nowadays. And very glad that a venerable operation like Milwaukee has not yet succumbed to some of the "modern managment" theories that has seemed to afflict so many other companies these days.

So credit where credit is due. Hurray for Milwaukee!!

Thanks for all of your input.

-AL A.

Reply to
Al A.

I am personally relieved, as I have purchased many milwaukee tools and considered them the gold standard, would hate to see them not come through

Reply to
yourname

I think it would also be a plus speaking to someone that is able to speak english fluently. My Dell support person several years ago was I am sure from India. I was not able to understand half of the words she spoke and all the help she gave was from a script. Steve

Reply to
its me

Makes me feel good that I usually always choose to buy the good stuff and buy American. (If I can.)

Reply to
Roger Shoaf

Roger, Is "usually always" something like "partially pregnant" ? :-) ...lew...

Reply to
Lew Hartswick

Same here.

Dell has since reconsidered their outsourcing to India, and has allegedly re-insourced support back to the US. Partly due to customer complaints. Of course, the script remains; tech support is an impossible problem to solve. You don't know the skill of the person calling, so you can't assume it's plugged in, you _have_ to ask. It's hard to keep skilled techs on a helldesk for any length of time, because the good ones get bored and move on/move up, usually. Nobody is ever happy when they call tech support, and that gets old after not long.

Dave "Been there, done that, moved on" Hinz

Reply to
Dave Hinz

On Wed, 12 Oct 2005 13:49:21 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, Lew Hartswick quickly quoth:

I sometimes never know what to think of that one, Lew.

  • Scattered Showers My Ass! * Insightful Advertising Copy
  • --Noah *
Larry Jaques

Actually, last I heard, they had moved their *corporate* tech support (big businesses that buy lots of Dells for $$$) back to the states. You and I, on the other hand still talk to India since we do not represent much revenue to them - at least individually and they know we will not get organized to protest.

mikey

Reply to
Mike Fields