Mill foundation support

Then Id say your particular machine is golden.

Gunner

I am the Sword of my Family and the Shield of my Nation. If sent, I will crush everything you have built, burn everything you love, and kill every one of you. (Hebrew quote)

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Thanks. Here's the script.

g4 p0 g0 x0 y0 z0 g4 p0 g0 x1 y1 z-1 g4 p0 g0 x0 y0 z0 g4 p0 g0 x1 y1 z-1 g4 p0 g0 x0 y0 z0 g4 p0 g0 x1 y1 z-1 g4 p0 g0 x0 y0 z0 g4 p0 g0 x1 g4 p0 g0 y1 g4 p0 g0 z-1 g4 p0 g0 x0 g4 p0 g0 y0 g4 p0 g0 z0

g4 p0 g0 y2 g4 p0 g0 y0 g4 p0 g0 y2 g4 p0 g0 y0 g4 p0 g0 y2 g4 p0 g0 y0

g2 x2 r1 f100 g2 x0 r1 f100

# = 0 O while [ # LT 10 ]

g2 x0.5 r0.25 f100 g2 x0 r0.25 f100

# = [# + 1] O endwhile

g4 p0 g0 x0 y0 z0

# = 0 O while [ # LT 10 ]

g2 x0.1 r0.05 f100 g2 x0 r0.05 f100

# = [# + 1] O endwhile

g4 p0 g0 x0 y0 z0

M2

Reply to
Ignoramus32604

Whats your maximum possible feed rate? 100 or higher? And whats your maxium inches per revolution so you can calculate proper chip load?

Gunner

I am the Sword of my Family and the Shield of my Nation. If sent, I will crush everything you have built, burn everything you love, and kill every one of you. (Hebrew quote)

Reply to
Gunner Asch

This runs dry, no chip load. The purpose is just to try to shake the mill. My max feedrate is 90*sqrt(3) IPM, if moving along three axes simultaneously. 90 IPM limit on X and Y and 60 IPM limit on Z (for safety).

Originally the mill was capable of 200 IPM rapids, but my drives and power supplies are over twice less voltage. I do not particularly care.

Ignoramus32604

You lost me on the last bit..."over twice less voltage"?

Why not run it at 200 ipm rapids since its simply a test run?

Gunner

I am the Sword of my Family and the Shield of my Nation. If sent, I will crush everything you have built, burn everything you love, and kill every one of you. (Hebrew quote)

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Yes, the issue isn't so much with being level, as it is with being evenly supported so there isn't any twisting force applied to the machine frame.

Reply to
Pete C.

The servos are 145v DC. The original Bosch drives were 145 volts DC.

My current AMC drives supply only 70v DC, resulting is lower speed.

Ignoramus32604

Yes and?

Odd then that the OmniTurn cnc lathes use the same AMC drives at 70 volts and get 300 IPM rapids using .5 ballscrews.

oh...the servos are rated at 145vdc. Ah! The OmniTurn servos are rated at 90 volts

So have you given them max feed rates and what happens?

You are simply running "unloaded" with simply the table as a load, correct?

Gunner

I am the Sword of my Family and the Shield of my Nation. If sent, I will crush everything you have built, burn everything you love, and kill every one of you. (Hebrew quote)

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Yeah, pretty simple

90 IPM is about max. I tried 120 and got following errors all the time.

yes.

I actually found two cool servo drives on ebay that take up to 140 VAC and give out up to 170 VDC. I can limit output in EMC a a little bit by adjusting PID_MAX_VEL for every axis, and I would get perfect 200 IPM on every axis having that drive. But I do not really see the point.

Ignoramus32604

Thats not servo issues, but reading issues.

True enough. You are doing very well as it is and since you are not a "commercial shop", Id say you've got a good handle on it.

Very well done!!

Gunner

I am the Sword of my Family and the Shield of my Nation. If sent, I will crush everything you have built, burn everything you love, and kill every one of you. (Hebrew quote)

Reply to
Gunner Asch

It is servo issues -- the motor cannot move as fast as it is commanded.

thanks!

Ignoramus32604

Sumbish! That's one expensive paint shaker, mon! ;)

I just had another though on the CNC class: Tell the instructor what you have just done with that Interact, show him your G-code scripts and functions, and see if he thinks he can teach you anything. Maybe he'll suggest another class instead.

-- Some people hear voices. Some see invisible people. Others have no imagination whatsoever.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

After much thinking, I doubt that the class will really be useful. First, they will teach on a machine that I do not have, second, I already know the most basic things, and third, the audience will probably be not very knowledgeable, and so they will spend all the time teaching the basics.

Ignoramus32604

Right. That's why I buy books and read newsgroups, then play on my own. Oregon doesn't support their Community Colleges very well, so the courses here are a couple hundred each. Add administrative and parking dings to that and you've got a grand invested in 4 short courses. I liked California's fees better. Total for a Networking course there was someting like $38, including parking pass, student card, admin fees, and class fees. Books + Novell hit me for another $80 or so.

Welding courses here (10 or 12 parter) cost $172, $225, or $450 apiece plus supplies @ $50-75 a part.