Mitutoyo digital indicator SPC output Data Acquisition

I have some Mitutoyo Digital indicators 0.5" x 0.0001" with SPC outputs. What is the most inexpensive route to collect the data from that indicator at 1 minute intervals? (And not by paper and pencil :-) Idealy I would like the data in Excel eventually.

Reply to
gtslabs

I have a gadget called "GaugeLink" that might do it. It's an interface box that connects to a PC's serial port, and will put the data into Excel. I have a foot pedal so that when I've got the measurement I want, I hit the pedal & it goes into the computer. You'll need a Mitutoyo interface cable. I'm not sure about the "1 minute" bit, but I'm sure they can tell you if it will do that.

There's another outfit that has some similar stuff:

Doug White

Reply to
Doug White

The GaugeLink from

comes complete with a free software wedge program, GLWedge, that has automatic timed acquisition. It will "squirt" readings into any Windows program that has focus, as if they were typed on the keyboard.

dj

Reply to
dj

Check out this url:

may have the info you need to do this yourself cheaply. ERS

Reply to
Eric R Snow