Monarch 10EE Belts

Can anyone suggest a source for the V belts from motor to spindle on Monarch

10EE lathes? Thanks
Reply to
R-Haggerty

You've got V belts? Mine is a timing belt.

Don't go to Monarch - gold plated pricing.

Farm equipment dealers in my area can get any belt. Or you might look at Mc master Carr or Grainger.

A company called motion industries has my timing belt, not cheap but at least not gold plated.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

This might be a time to try impractical machinist.

HTH,

Wes

Reply to
Wes

It is an old machine with the motor generator set for DC to the big DC motor. Runs great but after 70 years the belts are showing a little sign of ware. They are an unusual cross section that does not fit any of the standard US or Metric profiles. They are .545 across the wide end and .450 deep. overall length of loop about 36 inches. I am sure I can find something to work, but was hoping some other 10EE owners might have run into this before. Thanks for your reply...

Reply to
R-Haggerty

Also try a regular bearing supply house. Take old belts with you or Monarch part number.

This might be a time to try impractical machinist.

HTH,

Wes

Reply to
Robert Swinney