More Bridgeport electrical advice required

You may be right that there are no problems, but that warning was in the Allen Bradley literature on my VFD's, so I think that puts it in a different category than alligators in NYC's sewers.

Reply to
ATP

And what wattage/HP loads are you switching? The problem comes when the switched load is close to the rating of the VFD. A significantly oversized one controls the inductive kick from the switched load quite well.

I've got a VFD rated at 30A input and output, and it is quite happy with a small switched load (1 HP 240 VAC 3-phase motor) at the end of about 12 feet of cable. (Too far to run the switch contacts from the VFD to the machine.) But I would *not* do this with a VFD close to the rating of the single load being driven. *That*, I would run the switch contacts to the VFD's control terminals.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols