Moving a 20' shipping container Results

Thank you all for your kind advice and tips. On friday two of us moved in into place, unfortuntley due to the weather I was unable to take any pictures (it rained for most of the day). I ended up building a set of rails out of 2" pipe sitting 2 x 8's as sleepers and rolled it along using more 2" pipe as rollers and a couple of 5' bars as levers.

Every thing ran very smoothly and in a controled fashion, but if I was to do it again I would of liked to of had another toe jack and an extra pair of hand would not of gone a miss. I certainly would tackle a similar task again. Once again thank you all for your advice.

Stuart

Reply to
Stuart Pearson

=========== Thanks for the feedback, and I am glad we did not lose a participant.

Good luck with the rest of the project.

Unka' George [George McDuffee] ============ Merchants have no country. The mere spot they stand on does not constitute so strong an attachment as that from which they draw their gains.

F. George McDuffee

It's just like dice. You think it through. You place your bet. You roll the dice.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

I'm happy everything worked well for you.

Your comment: "Every thing ran very smoothly and in a controled fashion..." is the key that allows you to "back up and try again" if necessary and keeps everyone safe. :)

Good work.

dennis in nca

Reply to
rigger

Congratulations and thanks for taking the time to come back and let us know. I was actually wondering about you the other day.

Vaughn

Reply to
Vaughn Simon