My Economy car problem

Jeez, Roger. You have the worst luck with cars. The escort in excellent condition only books out at $3000. And you're actually thinking about throwing another $4000 at it! If you can't fix it for under a grand, junk it and cut your losses.

Next time, take a mechanic with you when you shop for cars, and don't buy 'em from "Hi-Dollar Ray's Used Car Pasture and Mudflap Emporium"

Paul K. Dickman

Reply to
Paul K. Dickman

Stealing cars, removing the airbags then turning around and buying them from the insurance company at auction is a good idea ?

Reply to
PrecisionmachinisT

This is a much better plan. resale value of these makes is a bit higher, of course. I drove a 1989 Corolla station wagon for about 17 years, it was still in good condition until somebody who borrowed it wrecked it. That was a 5-speed manual, still on the original clutch, I think it was up to 180K miles or so. We have a 2000 Sienna van (Toyota) with 186K that is still running well. We stupidly let it run out of transmission fluid until it started slipping on hills. I'm sure that did some real damage to the clutches, but it is still running fine, we just watch the trans. fluid level and make sure it is always full.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

There are LOTS of those engines still on the road with over 300,00KM on them, with no problem. Check your radiator. If you have loose/corroded fins the engine likely overheated. Just once is all that is required to loosen the seat. Most common cause of dropped valve seats on any aluminum head engine is overheating. Most common cause of overheating is bad rad.

Not as common as it used to be - the aluminum rad cores are standing up better than the last brass ones did.

Reply to
clare

There is a 1992 Civic in the K-W record for $3200 with 34000Km on it. Would make someone some cheap transportation.

Reply to
clare