My encoder selection

Model E5-1000-394-I-D-H-G-B

Index (3rd channel) Differential Hole in Cover (to be covered by the original cover from the SEM servo motor) Add mounting ears to base

Makes sense?

Reply to
Ignoramus14096

Well, I ended up buying it.

Ignoramus14096

I used that very encoder on one job. Smaller servo motors than yours. I've always had good luck with USdigital and found their customer service top notch, But, I do know many other folks disagree. IMHO, a lot of this is not knowing what is going on and needing somebody to blame. You can't blame yourself for being an idiot.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

Karl, I think that I understand what you are saying. Am I on the right track for trying to cover this encoder with the original aluminum cover for the motor?

Ignoramus14096

Swarf is the enemy here. And it gets in everything on a CNC control. Don't leave any part of the encoder or encoder wire exposed. Get everything inside a metal cover or conduit or something.

Reply to
Karl Townsend

Yes, this is the plan indeed.

Ignoramus14096