Mystery pipe?

The problem with fracking is the same as with any for-profit industrial pro cess, where possible shortcuts are taken and risks undertaken to save a few bucks. For example, there is little risk if the well casings are properly done, and if the wastewater is safely removed from the site.

What tends to happen is they get sloppy with the wastewater, and the casing s hold up long enough for production, but things go to shit after the well is out of service, often abandoned.

It's worth noting the industries claim of 'zero problems/issues/accidents/c ontamination caused by fracking' only refers to problems that occurred duri ng the actual fracking pumping process, not to problems that occurred after the pumping process, but would not have occurred had fracking not been use d.

Reply to
spamTHISbrp

========================= =

Back in the 50/60s, here in the PNW, the power companies were promoting "all electric" houses. People with them nowadays are having to find other methods of heat or "bite the big one". I have a neighbor with one of them and they basically froze in the winter due to the cost of heat, Current owners put in a pellet stove last year.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

That's a pretty absolute statement. Some areas have pretty cheap electricity while many have *no* access to natural gas. Propane can be quite pricey.

Reply to
krw

Not when the only availible gas is propane.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

On Jan 23, 6:49 am, "Stormin Mormon" wrote: > In NYS, there is a public ed campaign going on, > about the "dangers of fracking". From what I can

Against faucet water that tastes nasty and that you can ignite with a lighter.

(put fracking and lighter in a search machine together)

Reply to
Transition Zone

That's the best idea. The heck with all of this speculating by people who just don't know. Check city water, gas and drainage lines for that area. They could probably tell you best.

(

)

Reply to
Transition Zone

A hookup to the street and the monthly customer charge are more than electric hot water costs me now.

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

I have two electric hot water heaters. One is on a timer, the other has a maunual switch. My electric bill is about $50 a month, right now.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

With the climate of business in the US, and the government hostility, I can easily imagine short cuts and cost cutting.

Then, like the BP oil spill in the gulf, govt preventing them from doing sensible disaster relief.

.

The problem with fracking is the same as with any for-profit industrial process, where possible shortcuts are taken and risks undertaken to save a few bucks. For example, there is little risk if the well casings are properly done, and if the wastewater is safely removed from the site.

What tends to happen is they get sloppy with the wastewater, and the casings hold up long enough for production, but things go to shit after the well is out of service, often abandoned.

It's worth noting the industries claim of 'zero problems/issues/accidents/contamination caused by fracking' only refers to problems that occurred during the actual fracking pumping process, not to problems that occurred after the pumping process, but would not have occurred had fracking not been used.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Last month I paid $4.21 for the second meter and $4.54 for 33 KWH of electricity. The sink spray that replaces the shower head really cuts consumption and I use the wood stove for laundry and dishwashing hot water. A tempering tank in the feed line raises the cold water to room temperature, with wood heat.

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

Most of my electric use is air conditioning. No simple way to make a reliable, wood fired A/C. :(

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Spreading lies is also a lie. ...but don't let that stop you.

Reply to
krw

Years ago, I did see a wood stove with central AC combination. Took a couple photos, but that was a long time ago. When I went to a church meeting at Kirtland, Ohio.

.

Most of my electric use is air conditioning. No simple way to make a reliable, wood fired A/C. :(

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Friends bought a new, all electric home in the mid/late seventies. after abought five years of fighting high humidity problems, they broke down and went with gas fired, forced air - A/C system.

Reply to
grmiller

========================= =

Granted I should have limited it. I was refering to natural gas. As to electrictiy I don't think there is anypoace with cheaper electric than the PNW.

We have a huge natural gas pipeline running through this county but it isn't availabl out in the country and many towns also don't have access.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

True but I meant natural gas (should have specified that).

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

I pay about $.08/kWh. No hope of any natural gas. Heat pumps are the norm.

Many good sized cities have no natural gas service, either.

Reply to
krw

Sorry for you, video doesn't lie. --

MA0zwMM4

Reply to
Transition Zone

Yes, but in virtually every case of "burning water," the water burned long before anybody knew what fracking was.

Reply to
HeyBub

Yep. There are plenty of pissed-off people in western New York who notice their neighbors, just a few miles away in eastern Pennsylvania, are collecting thousands of dollars per month in royalty fees for the extracted natural gas under their land.

Reply to
HeyBub