Mystery tool- what is it?

Hello, Jim in Texas here. I bought this from an estate along with other tools in a package deal. One of the other items was a Fletcher
glass and mat cutter but this one has me baffled. It looks like it holds a frame square but it is pretty odd. The hold downs are on dovetail slides. There are no logos, numbers or other markings on it other than pencil notes that read 1/8" out, 3/8" out, etc. I was gonna use the drop box at metalworking.com but it confused me so try my photobucket account: http://s144.photobucket.com/albums/r165/texasjim1093/mylius/Mystery%20tool /
If this posting of a link to my album is not acceptable to the group standards please let me know and I will figure out the drop box. Any help greatly appreciated, best regards, Jim Anderson

http://s144.photobucket.com/albums/r165/texasjim1093/mylius/Mystery%20tool /
My guess would be a device for stretching canvas while mounting it on a frame.

Here's their site. http://www.fletcher-terry.com / It's screwed though. Don't think it's a canvas stretcher though. Karl
texasjim1093 wrote:

Does it look like it may be to hold parts to cut picture frames???? ...lew...