Need a bridge?

If it's known to be wrought iron, it will sell well to blacksmiths. As I understand it, the guys at Colonial Williamsburg buy things like this. Our club would buy one, too if it were closer to us.
There was one for sale about 10 miles from me several years ago. I was for sale for $1. But, the buyer would have to be move and restore it in its new location (within our state of Wisconsin, I think, at a cost conservatively estimated at $100,000.
Pete Stanaitis --------------
Backlash wrote:
Reply to
spaco
Hey, I've got an even better deal for you.
The bridge over the Mississippi in St.Cloud is just like the one over the Mississippi in the Twin Cities that collapsed. They just closed it for bent gusset plates, the best guess cause of the bridge collapse.
I'm sure its for sale, cheap.
Karl
Reply to
Karl Townsend
Just when you thought you had seen it all for sale on the Internet....

RJ
Reply to
Backlash
Sale? They'll spend a fortune just getting it taken down and hauled off for scrap, before they even get started spending to replace it.
Reply to
Pete C.
$23 million to replace it.
Pete C. wrote:
Reply to
RoyJ
Maybe they should do a structural analysis and make proper modifications. Faster and cheaper.
WEs
Reply to
Wes
Faster, cheaper, more logical, which is why it won't happen. Fixing the bridge wouldn't give the proper political PR exposure.
Reply to
Pete C.
Or the same chance for graft
Gunner