Need plate steel in/near San Francisco

Does anyone know a dealer/yard in or near San Francisco, CA that will sell a
small piece (12"x12"x3/8") of mild steel plate.
Thanks,
R. da Silva
Reply to
R. da Silva
--Have you tried Van Beber in Petaluma? They're a job shop but they may have something...
Reply to
steamer
"R. da Silva" wrote: Does anyone know a dealer/yard in or near San Francisco, CA that will sell a small piece (12"x12"x3/8") of mild steel plate. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Try Alco, at the corner of Davis Street and Doolittle Drive, in San Leandro. They have tons (literally) of scrap. You probably won't find a piece exactly that size. You may have to pay the minimum to get what you want, so be prepared to pad up your purchase.
Reply to
Leo Lichtman
This Alco place sounds good... found their website. They allow the public to scrounge around. A bit of a drive, but probably worth it. Thanks.
Reply to
R. da Silva
Allen Steel & Supply, or Alan Steel & Supply (seen it both ways), in Redwood City right off 101 at Whipple. It's a big place you can have fun wandering around.
-Bruno
Reply to
Bruno
I second that. Alan is a good guy to deal with, he has a pretty good selection of stock, and a large junkyard to find goodies in.
-Justin
Bruno wrote:
Reply to
Justin
> Does anyone know a dealer/yard in or near San Francisco, CA that will sell a > small piece (12"x12"x3/8") of mild steel plate. > > Thanks, > R. da Silva > >
Reply to
Winston