OT-Andre Norton Passing

Andre Norton Nears End

News Andre Norton, who had been hospitalized with flu and
pneumonia prior to her 93rd birthday on February 17, unfortunately is
not expected to survive and according to her wishes has returned home
under "hospice care."
"She is losing the battle with her illness and is tired of fighting,"
wrote Sue Stewart on a Norton message board. "I made the decision late
yesterday evening to bring her back home to be with us, her cat and
her books when she departs... You're more than welcome to send your
cards and flowers here. I want you all to know that she's aware that
you care and she appreciates it." The address published on the SFWA
News site is: Andre Norton c/o Sue Stewart, 1007 Herron Street,
Murfreesboro, TN 37130.
In the meantime, the Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers of America
(SFWA) announced on February 20 that it has created the Andre Norton
Award, a new literary award to recognize outstanding science fiction
and fantasy novels that are written for the young adult market.
Reply to
Gunner
Sad news. Her "Time Traders" series is one of my favorites! I just read the latest installment about a month ago.
"I'm not grown up enough to be so old!"
Reply to
Keith Marshall
At 93, it's time for her to accept the words: "Well done good and faithful servant, enter thou now into the paradise of the lord."
Then too, as a non-believer, I'd expect the experience of death to be the same as one experiences in deep anathesia, simply nothing. At least being on death's door I hope so!
Harry C.
Reply to
hhc314
It's interesting that I've read a number of her books and never realized that she is a woman.
Reply to
Gary Brady
Aw, CRAP!!!
We're losing the good ones right and left...
FW
Reply to
Frank White