Neise Easy-Angle fixture

I just aquired a Neise Modern Tools, Easy-Angle tool. This is a block of steel 4 X 1/2 X 1 1/4 with a series of holes and pins in it. Two of the larger pins are labeled "A" and "B" and stamped in the side are

60 30 45 30 60 15, etc.

The prior owner said that he used to have a paper that went along with it to tell how to use and set it up properly but it is lost.

A google search was unproductive.

Can any of you guys help?

Bob

Reply to
bob_1fs

These apparently came in different sizes. I have what is apparently a Model EZ-6 which has 12 holes across the top as opposed to yours which has 8. I do have a setup sheet for mine which might help you get started on deciphering it's use and I can scan it in for you. Email me at snipped-for-privacy@msn.com if you'd like a copy. It will be 2 pages which have to be taped together to make complete sense of the document. It's just a diagram of the hole patterns along with a table of which pins go where to create the desired angle. The hole patterns on our 2 sets look a little different.

The table for mine shows 4 pins (A, B, C, and D). I have pins stamped A, B, and C plus 2 small-diameter ones like the ones in your picture. Those might be the D pins. The head for the C-pin in my set is ~0.489" OD.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Henry

This is used as a setup aid when placed in the vise of a milling machine against the fixed jaw. A part needing a quick angle cut rests against the correct set of pins, setting the angle. I've seen them as projects in many toolmaker's books.

Reply to
woodworker88

Mike, I sent an email to you. Did you get it? Will try again.

Bob

Reply to
bob_1fs

Bob,

Nope - nothing came in, though it might have been confused with spam and been deleted. Try again and put something recognizable in the title. Or if the email address on this post is valid, I can contact you that way.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Henry

replying to Mike Henry, caseihlynn wrote: I just bought a easy angle with little paper work can anybody help me ? model E-Z 6 thank you

Reply to
caseihlynn