New forklift in my stable

This is a 80,000 lbs capacity forklift... I hope that I will somehow keep it busy...

Ignoramus19339

That's pretty nice Iggy. I'm sure you'll keep it busy. Just add up all the times you _WISHED_ you had one this size. See, not a problem ;-)

Reply to
Leon Fisk

WHOA! 80K! Way outta my league!

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

80,000 lbs!!? That's 20 SUV's ... let's see: if each was crushed to a 12" high block, that would be a 20' stack of crushed SUV's!

That thing must have some serious tires ... take good care of them, their replacement would be big bucks.

Keep it up!

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt

Did you buy it there in Chicago? It looks like the same unit shown in a Dec. 2017 auction in Middleton, Massachusetts:

Reply to
James Waldby

Then how do you get it 1000 miles to Chicago? Easy - you also buy the '99 Peterbilt (with only 1,000,000 miles on it) and the 50 ton tri-axle trailer. Which means that you can also bring back a few tons of miscellaneous rigging gear.

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt

Yes and I have lined up some jobs for it also.

Ignoramus17343

Right. The tires are foam filled.

Reply to
Ignoramus17343

In Ohio.

Reply to
Ignoramus17343

Would be a good deal were it a '69 Peterbilt with 10,000,000 miles on it.

Sell via your favourite platform...

Reply to
Volker Borchert

Wow! Looks very similar!

Reply to
Ignoramus10295

Is that a '35 Chevy 2 door hiding in the corner??

Reply to
Clare Snyder

Was that a scrap job?

Reply to
Ignoramus10295

Not exactly. Lots of grunt labor and even more photo taking.... which almost makes it seem like its my stuff. Its a cool way to make $75 an hour. I love the Trump economy! At this rate I wont be a renter much longer!

Reply to
Gunner Asch

You guys have _all_ the fun.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Gunner Asch on Sun, 20 May 2018 12:15:15 -0700 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

Once he gets his shop up and running, maybe he can make some replacement knee parts?

-- pyotr filipivich "With Age comes Wisdom. Although far too often, Age travels alone."

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

Yeah life is good. I just wish there was enough fun to catch up the rent! After I learn enough about hypnosis to quit smoking I may try it on the SOB landlord. You are getting sleepy..... Gunner paid his rent..... sleepy.....

Reply to
Gunner Asch

nothing

Nice try, bogus.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Gunner Asch on Sun, 20 May 2018 21:08:21 -0700 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

Its a start.

-- pyotr filipivich "With Age comes Wisdom. Although far too often, Age travels alone."

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

Gunner Asch on Mon, 21 May 2018 12:02:03 -0700 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

Shoot, with all that equipment and experience, I'm still pretty sure he could make himself a set of replacement knee joints.

Now, finding a surgeon who will install "home made" parts, that's a different matter.

Well, good. With age comes wisdom.

Even if it does seem that Age far too often travels alone. B-)

tschus pyotr