New forklift in my stable

This is a 80,000 lbs capacity forklift... I hope that I will somehow keep it busy...
https://www.machinerymoverschicago.com/blog/60-80k-Rigger-Lift/

On Sun, 13 May 2018 12:06:32 -0500

That's pretty nice Iggy. I'm sure you'll keep it busy. Just add up all the times you _WISHED_ you had one this size. See, not a problem ;-)
--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b

Yes and I have lined up some jobs for it also.
Ignoramus19339 wrote:

WHOA! 80K! Way outta my league!
Jon
On 5/13/2018 1:06 PM, Ignoramus19339 wrote:

80,000 lbs!!? That's 20 SUV's ... let's see: if each was crushed to a 12" high block, that would be a 20' stack of crushed SUV's!
That thing must have some serious tires ... take good care of them, their replacement would be big bucks.
Keep it up!

Right. The tires are foam filled.
On Sun, 13 May 2018 12:06:32 -0500, Ignoramus19339 wrote:

Did you buy it there in Chicago? It looks like the same unit shown in a Dec. 2017 auction in Middleton, Massachusetts: <https://www.bidspotter.com/en-us/auction-catalogues/bscmy/catalogue-id- bscmy10366/lot-939d8af9-b060-44f2-a810-a83300f2dd32>
--
jiw

On 5/13/2018 11:08 PM, James Waldby wrote:

Then how do you get it 1000 miles to Chicago? Easy - you also buy the '99 Peterbilt (with only 1,000,000 miles on it) and the 50 ton tri-axle trailer. Which means that you can also bring back a few tons of miscellaneous rigging gear.
Bob Engelhardt wrote:

Would be a good deal were it a '69 Peterbilt with 10,000,000 miles on it.

Sell via your favourite platform...
--

"I'm a doctor, not a mechanic." Dr Leonard McCoy < snipped-for-privacy@ncc1701.starfleet.fed>
"I'm a mechanic, not a doctor." Volker Borchert <v snipped-for-privacy@despammed.com>

In Ohio.

Wow! Looks very similar!

Is that a '35 Chevy 2 door hiding in the corner??

Was that a scrap job?
On Sun, 20 May 2018 11:34:26 -0500, Ignoramus10295

Not exactly. Lots of grunt labor and even more photo taking.... which almost makes it seem like its my stuff. <shrug> Its a cool way to make $75 an hour. I love the Trump economy! At this rate I wont be a renter much longer!

    Once he gets his shop up and running, maybe he can make some replacement knee parts? -- pyotr filipivich "With Age comes Wisdom. Although far too often, Age travels alone."

    Its a start. -- pyotr filipivich "With Age comes Wisdom. Although far too often, Age travels alone."

    Shoot, with all that equipment and experience, I'm still pretty sure he could make himself a set of replacement knee joints.
    Now, finding a surgeon who will install "home made" parts, that's a different matter.

    Well, good. With age comes wisdom.
    Even if it does seem that Age far too often travels alone. B-)
tschus pyotr -- pyotr filipivich "With Age comes Wisdom. Although far too often, Age travels alone."

You guys have _all_ the fun.
--
If we can ever make red tape nutritional, we can feed the world.
--Robert Schaeberle

Yeah life is good. I just wish there was enough fun to catch up the rent! After I learn enough about hypnosis to quit smoking I may try it on the SOB landlord. You are getting sleepy..... Gunner paid his rent..... sleepy..... <grin>
On Sun, 20 May 2018 17:09:04 -0700, Gunner Asch
nothing
Nice try, bogus.