Put up US flag on my crane [pictures]

I hope that I have not done anything disrespectful.

Put up a flag on my crane, for various reasons, patriotic and to know which way the wind is blowing.

Ignoramus7398

Fuck off , you Canuckistani loser .

Iggy , I see no problem at all with flying the flag this way . One thing , if you leave it up at night it should be lit .

Reply to
Terry Coombs

Sellers Crane Company has an absolutely huge flag they fly between two cranes. It got a little national noroiety when this photograph was taken.

I've seen them fly this flag at several events and on Memorial Day and Veterans day. I don't think I've heard anybody complain. I see no reason why anybody should complain about yours.

I suppose somebody could complain your flag pole violates some flag pole height ordinance, but then you just haul in a bunch of dirt and park your crane on the hill with the boom slightly lower. LOL.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

The Union is the star field.

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

There is no way it could be lit, there is no power there.

Ignoramus7398

Thanks. I doubt anyone would complain, the flag does not look outrageous.

Reply to
Ignoramus7398

I found some solar LED flag illuminator on amazon

Reply to
Ignoramus7398

I think it looks pretty cool, Ig.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Well, consider:

.

Their motto: "You Don't Need a Weatherman to Know Which Way the Wind Blows" .

Joe Gwinn

Reply to
Joe Gwinn

Thanks

Well, in this picture it is blowing to the left.

Ignoramus25807

looks tacky. Huge crane, tiny flag, why bother?

Reply to
Cydrome Leader

This is a small crane actually. You would be hard pressed to find a smaller rough terrain crane. I agree that the flag looks small on it.

Ignoramus20276

The size you're using is just fine. Anything much bigger, and it will look like a used-car lot.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Well, OK, I added more pictures today. It the last one it is blowing STRAIGHT.

Ignoramus20276

Turns out that to show proper "respect" for the flag, it must be illuminated at night. Well, by luck, someone invented solar powered LED flag lights. I bought one and installed it on the flag.

I added pictures to the URL above. The light sits on a 1/2" bolt and can be replaced if it goes bad.

Pictures show some metal and welding and a picture of an attractive female weldor.

Ignoramus20276

This photo is one that I took one Memorial Day, at our Veterans Park.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell