US flag and mounting it on a vehicle

I bought a US flag at an estate sale. This is a fabric flag on a teak handle, with two steel eyes (like rivets), held with steel rings through said eyes. The size of the flag is approximately 18x12 inches, going by memory.

It would look good on a trailer, and I have some hardware that I milled yesterday to mount it, so I am thinking of mounting it on the trailer, but I would like to know if a well made US flag would survive highway speeds for long, or not.

If not, I will just mount it on my boat.

Ignoramus13334

Every flag I've ever seen mounted on a vehicle on the highway is badly tattered.

Reply to
Doug Miller

No..it will shred in short order. Put it on the boat.

Im curious though..why you want to fly the flag of a nation you hold accountable for all the evil in the world?

Gunner

This Message is guaranteed environmentally friendly Manufactured with 10% post consumer ASCII Meets all EPA regulations for clean air Using only naturally occuring fibers Use the Message with confidance. (Some settling may occure in transit.) (Best if Used before May 13, 2009)

Reply to
Gunner

Gunner sez:

Re. Iggy's thinly disguised display of patriotism, "Im curious though..why you want to fly the flag of a nation you hold accountable for all the evil in the world?"

IMO, he could give a shit less about flying the flag. It is just a ploy to see how many responders he could troll up on RCM.

Bob Swinney

No..it will shred in short order. Put it on the boat.

Gunner

This Message is guaranteed environmentally friendly Manufactured with 10% post consumer ASCII Meets all EPA regulations for clean air Using only naturally occuring fibers Use the Message with confidance. (Some settling may occure in transit.) (Best if Used before May 13, 2009)

Reply to
Robert Swinney

They don't last.

Put it up once you are there. Naturally a couple of Hi-Ball glasses on the next down flag means Party HERE!

Mart> I bought a US flag at an estate sale. This is a fabric flag on a teak

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

And a beaver on the other flag...?

Reply to
cavelamb himself

Your boat won't do highway speed? Sailboat perhaps?

Reply to
Don Foreman

I feel the attaching of American flags to motor vehicles to be inappropriate, due to the abuse already mentioned that they receive. It's not treating it with respect, if you know what I mean.

John

Reply to
JohnM

My boat does about 35 MPH tops, and I try not to go beyond 25 MPH.

I will indeed put it on the boat.

Ignoramus7848

Flags on vehicles tend to fray badly , quickly, and then proceed to look like shit until finally taken down.

If you are proud enough to fly your flag, IMO, at least have the decency to keep it in good order.

I'd motion in favor of the boat.

Cheers Trevor Jones

Reply to
Trevor Jones

--Well Bush has his head firmly in the sand; shove the flagpole up his ass and it oughtta point straight up.

Reply to
steamer