Hydraulically powered forklift boom project

This will be a 20,000/10,000 lbs boom for a big forklift.

Ignoramus28939

Ignoramus28939 fired this volley in news:od-dnftYw snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

I know you well enough to know that you understand the moments involved... So, "Hat's off to you", Ig.

You keep finding solutions to make your salvaging go easier, and from salvalged items, no less!

Lloyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

Lloyd, thanks. I will be sure to test it, but it seems about right for a 30,000 lb forklift.

Ignoramus28939

Looks like that thing started life as a tank retriever!

Paul

Reply to
Paul Drahn

Hell, yes. That's the way to go, and he's good at it.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

As I'm sure you're aware, it seems a lot to ask from a set of forks. Will you have reinforcement around the mast/teles to limit that? And what kind of stress can they take? (5x the forks?)

This project ought test your math skills pretty well, eh? ;)

Reply to
Larry Jaques

100 kw

not allowed