New Free Volume and Weight Calculator

Gary,

That's a relief!

Mike

Reply to
Michael Rainey

On Tue, 08 Jul 2003 04:15:03 GMT, Ted Edwards wrote something ......and in reply I say!:

OK. Fair enough. Without sounding too smart, I think you confirmed what I was trying to say.

I was concerned that a lot of aluminium is nowhere as ultimately strong as even water pipe. Alum with the same yield as water pipe would, I imagine, be quite a strong alloy compared to the local hardware's stuff. So although the Elastic Mod may be the same for each alloy (I know steel alters surprisingly little over the range), the yield strength is way different.

As you say, it depends on whether you need failure strength or some nominated bend under the allowed load.

****************************************************************************************** Huh! Old age!. You may hate it, but let me tell you, you can't get by for long without it!

Nick White --- HEAD:Hertz Music Please remove ns from my header address to reply via email !!

Reply to
Old Nick