newbie - where can I get copper rod/plate

Hi Don

No not "Old Faithful" or old guys from this group :) but the thing in your roof that gives you h0t water for your bath etc. Anyway here in South Africa ones that are 20 or more years old often have a copper inner with insulation (sometimes cork) between it and the outer jacket. but all the recent ones are steel as you say.

Tim

Reply to
TMN

A number of years back I bought some 3' x 10' copper sheets from sheet metal & roofing supply company for $70 a piece. Look for a place that does sheet metal fabrication. It's probably a lot more now.

Reply to
Jedd Haas

Affiliated metals on 3rd West used to carry a very nice array of copper and copper alloys.

Harold

Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos