Night Vision Scope Camera

Very little of substance . Don't you have anything better to do than stalk people on the newsgroups ? It must really suck to be you ...

Snag

Not that I'm a big fan of Gunner , but all you're doing is poisoning the well for all who read here . I come here for metalworking posts , not personal attacks and political bullshit . I hope your mom's basement floods and ruins all your computer gear .

Reply to
Terry Coombs

Doctor, heal thyself. Stop whining and stop reading what you don't want to read.

Oh please, you're fine with his bullshit stories about his trail of bodies. If you weren't, then you'd be whining.

Then you came to the wrong group. Because in this one, if you disagree with some posters, they'll make up nonsense (like you did above and below) and some will say year after year that you're soon to be killed. They'll even say they have some... some experience at doing that! And most of the rest will either agree or keep quiet, because they LIKE reading political bullshit. And the shittier the better apparently.

Whoa! How original! Did you type that out or copy/paste? I may have my lawyers send you a summins for the emotional distress you caused with that devastating retort. What's next, "your mama," or "poopy head?"

Reply to
Christmas Card From a Hooker in Minneapolis

Does he really think I didn't killfile him ? Please , don't respond again Gunner . If we ALL ignore him he'll fade away into the darkling night .

Reply to
Terry Coombs

Nope, I'll still be here. Wieber can plug his ears but most others will get to see him mocked for being the kind of incompetent liar some of like to read for various reasons. As for you, people who don't want to read, don't read. Simple. But people who like to whine, demand that others only write what they like, yammer about killfiles, and write personal attacks claiming they don't like personal attacks, etc.

Reply to
Just The Right Bullets

I found a video where someone used servos to scan an area with a single IR sensor and displayed the results, that's what I thought about doing but it would be too slow for most of what I wanted it for.

RogerN

Reply to
RogerN

I have seen a relatively simple single sensor system - made by Barnes, IIRC, back in the 1970s. It had a two sided mirror which was scanned both left-to-right and top to bottom (slower for the latter), and reflected the image from the IR lens onto the detector moving the detector in a raster scan pattern. The other side of the mirror had a modulated light source -- a bit early for LEDs, though possibly that. More likely to be a neon lamp through a pinhole -- onto some 4x6" Polaroid film. It took a while, but generated a good image, and one of the people demonstrating it said that it had convinced him to stop smoking. He took a scan of his hand before a cigarette, and about five minutes after one, and the loss of blood flow to the hand rather scared him.

So -- a slow scan is possible, and useful for certain things. One possibility is scanning a circuit breaker box -- looking for warm areas where the wire screws need to be tightened or the breaker replaced. (Or where the current draw needs to be reduced. :-)

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols