NMTB #40 mill collets on Ebay

Set of 15 with storage rack. I'm selling them for a neighbor, don't have a mill that uses them.

Stupendous Man

According to Stupendous Man :

I have a mill which uses them, and the starting price looks nice, but never mind -- I see that you are "PayPal Only", and I Dont' play with PayPal. :-)

Good luck, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

He has revised his description DoN. For you, perhaps?

Says that he'll take just about anything but beads or rice, now :-)

Cheers Trevor Jones

Reply to
Trevor Jones

[ ... ]

Are we looking at the same auction? Auction 180177328548 shows only PayPal -- both at the top where it says "PayPal (preferred)", and at the bottom, the "Payment Method" table shows only PayPal.

And I refreshed my browser, and it *still* only says PayPal.

Maybe after I spend the remainder of the night in bed. :-)

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

I changed the ad right after i posted the link to it. I will take a US postal money order, or cash. People don't like a 2 week waiting period on personal checks, but that's about the only way to weed out the cheats and be sure it clears. Been there before.

Reply to
Stupendous Man

If I know your handle on this board, i think a check would be ok.

Reply to
Stupendous Man

No warrantee, including fitness for a particular purpose or usefulness of information, express or implied. This product not tested on animals, as college students are cheaper and nobody cares what you do to them, Professional driver, closed course. Clean your room. Serving suggestion. Stay in skool. Be secure in the knowledge that we're all part of a plan, but be thankful that you're ignorant of its cruel, bloody particulars. Do not apply to broken skin; if condition persists consult a physician. Refrigerate after opening. Not for internal use. Void where prohibited. Don?t mess around with Jim. Objects in mirror may be 2 dimensional. Must be 18 to play. Credo Quia Absurdum. Trespassers will be violated. Albatross! Don't put that in your mouth, you don't know where it's been. Call your mother, she worries. If erection lasts more than 4 hours, seek immediate medical attention or bikini photos of Rosie and Oprah. Do not taunt happy fun ball. Do not look into laser beam with remaining eye. Beer, of course, is actually a depressant, but poor people will never stop hoping otherwise. Don't thank me; I'm doing this for your own good.

LOVE IT!

How far are these from Bakersfield? Road Trip?

Gunner

Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Reply to
Gunner Asch

I clicked the link provided above.

The description, part of it at least, reads "Payment by Paypal, Cash, or U.S. Postal Money Order and must be paid in full within 72 hours of end of auction."

Gotta read the fine print! :-)

Not showing on your browser??

I am by no means any kind of expert at Ebay sales, but I see this sort of thing often enough to think that there are a few default settings that could have been selected to other selections, to avoid turning potential customers away like that.

Cheers Trevor Jones

Reply to
Trevor Jones

I have sold a bunch of things on Ebay, but not for about a year. I don't like the new system much and had to figure it out. Anyway, like I said, if you are a regular poster here, i guess i can take the leap of faith and take a check, but be warned that I am a large bald-headed biker with friends across the USA. lol.

Reply to
Stupendous Man

According to Stupendous Man :

O.K. I see it in the upper area -- though the table of choices at the bottom (which is what I normally check) still has the "PayPal only" display.

I can easily tolerate a two week waiting period if I'm using personal checks. If I want it faster, I send a US Postal Money Order instead, which should be good enough for most people.

Now we'll see what my funds look like when the auction is closer to closing. Don't expect to see my name in the bidders list, however, it is my wife who has the eBay account and does the bidding.

Thanks, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

Auction # 180177328548

[ ... ]
[ ... ]

Yep! I was expecting it to be in the table of acceptable payment methods at the bottom -- or at least a big header saying "Payment methods". :-)

Not showing in my tired and ready for bed eyes. :-)

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

According to Stupendous Man :

O.K. They do keep changing things, don't they?

Hmm ... no problem with that -- but a money order will work anyway.

Thanks, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

On 8 Nov 2007 00:27:24 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, snipped-for-privacy@d-and-d.com (DoN. Nichols) quickly quoth:

Since banks clear checks in 3 days now, what's this two week thing?

Just in case, I got a separate PayPal bank account locally, free from the bank. I deposit only eBay gains from there and pay from it alone. I haven't had any problems in 300 purchases over a period of 7 years now, Don. Why are you so anti-PayPal? It's cheaper to use than any of the merchant service companies for collecting via credit cards, and it's safe. For paying, it's as safe as (or safer than) giving some minimum wage bozo your credit card at the local cafe. And you know your bank or credit card company will clear any wrongdoings the same day. So, sign up, already. It's painless.

Reply to
Larry Jaques