No good deed goes unpunished

I think perhaps he should call his old cell phone.

That is what I would do.

Reply to
Fred the Red Shirt

It was George H W Bush who invaded Somalia, staging an amphibious invasion (read publicity stunt) in order to take control of an airport that was ALREADY under UN control. E.g. they could have just flown in.

He was happy to leave them there, facing an impossible situation, hoping that Clinton would be the one blamed when the situation went to hell.

He was right. Of course that doesn't exonerate Clinton for his stupidity such as sending troops into combat in unarmored Humvees getting 18 of them killed.

OTOH, he did learn from that mistake and never repeated it.

GW Bush on the other hand repeated that same mistake thousands of times over in Iraq, with more than a hundred times as many dead American soldiers to show for it.

Reply to
Fred the Red Shirt

Nonsense. It is predjudiced (I won't say racist since maybe he would think the same for any other (read white) illegals if there are other equally plausible explanations.

BTW, I carry screwdrivers with the handle in my palm and the blade parallel to (e.g. 'hidden' by) my wrist, just like I was taught to carry scissors and for the same reason.

But I'm not so naive as to deny that also provides for 'plausible deniability..'

Reply to
Fred the Red Shirt