Not such a bad auction/factory visit

Items and prices listed here:

The infamous Quincy compressor is supposed to be working, they replaced it with a screw compressor.

I also got for cash (items not pictured):

1) Two Simplex house jacks, 5 and 10 ton, $15

2) 500 lbs (sic) tool balancer by C/M, $30

3) 50 lbs of huge drill bits and half dozen morse tapered drill chucks (Jacobs 16N, Albrecht etc), and two procunter tapping heads, $40

4) Neat cross slide and four casters, $5

Reply to
Ignoramus3276

Oh, and

with 1.5" square shanks, will fit perfectly into my Enco turret on my Clausing lathe.

Ignoramus3276

Ignoramus3276 fired this volley in news:t-2dnZx5DI0dk4jTnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

It's always simplified by trading specie or currency.

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

Currency would work pretty well.

Reply to
Ignoramus3276

Its a sickness. There is no cure. I have it too, not quite as bad as you. I just buy and use, can't bear to get rid of anything. So, maybe i got it worse.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

It doesn't have to be more complicated than you show me yours (centers, drills); I show you mine (carbide turning/milling inserts & matching cartridges, 100 blade packs of Lenox hacksaw blades, metric mics, 4" travel Starret dial indicator, Mit digital mic head, microscopes...)

By far the most complicated transaction I've made here was for cash with one of the regulars. It took 7 years to get paid. (OK, twist my arm, it was Gunner.)

Reply to
Ned Simmons