Oddball die wanted

"Michael A. Terrell" fired this volley in news:btCdne_l26UDUQTMnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com:

I'm certain that NObody _wants_ too many tools. Some folks would be inclined to get rid of too many tools.

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

ROFLMAO!!!

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Sheesh! I plonked that buttbite years ago.

Good thread wander, BTW.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

"Michael A. Terrell" on Mon, 20 May 2013

03:11:22 -0400 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

"Needs"? The only time I have too many tools is when I have to move them.

pyotr filipivich

That's how I got a few of my expensive tools. I got a call, "Come get this out of my way today, and it's free!"

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Tell me about it. I hauled 17,000 pounds of tools & manuals when I moved south. Two trips in an overloaded stepvan.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

We aim to please!

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Too bad Usenet doesn't keep track of how many times someone is kill filed on a group to determine if they are allowed to access that group.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

That can be taken several different ways, depending if you are referring to Too Many Tools as a personal pronoun or a general statement on Stuff... (ISWYDT.)

Let's re-phrase that as "Most people don't need multiple duplicates or mass quantities of unusual tools that only need to be used one at a time."

Now having spares of special tools that can break on you during use, can't be substituted around, and have a weeks-long lead time to get a new one, yes.

But having a dozen 4" angle grinders or sparkplug thread chasers is pointless. When it breaks, just go down to the Borg and get another.

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman (munged human readable)

"Michael A. Terrell" on Mon, 20 May 2013

13:43:21 -0400 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

Tools, books, supplies ... I've a quarter ton of fire brick I've schlepped from place to place - always intending to do something with them "soon".

pyotr filipivich

The problem is the trolls that nym shift with such regularity. Like the mental case that uses the names from my Facebook friends list on a rotating basis. Ive had to go through my Facebook page and set up a killfile here and enter each name.

Ive showed time and again his various incarnations.

He will not die well. No siree!

Reply to
Gunner Asch

My shop is filled with such tools. I purely couldnt afford 25% of all that I have, if I had to pay cash for them.

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Assuming you have a regular and sufficient income, and not one that comes in spurts between dry spells. When you have spurts..you snag what you can..because the dry spells mean you dont buy anything.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

It would make a nice pit to burn expired trolls in.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

A lot of them post from fixed IP addresses. It's simple to route those posts to 127.0.0.0.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

One man's trash is another man's paycheck. :)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

That would be an 'Impersonal pronoun', wouldn't it? Heaven forbid that anyone try to elevate a worthless troll to that of a 'Person'.

What? Five identical soldering irons are overkill? Or just good planning by having a different tip in each iron? ;-)

Working spares are cheap insurance. Who wants to spend $10 on gasoline, to find a single drill bit that sells for $10?

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Pun intended?

Reply to
Steve Walker

Which is why I forward the header information to those keeping the List. That fixed IP is what is gonna kill them.

Reply to
Gunner Asch

You said that MY header info was going to get me killed... about 2 years ago! If you can't get me or TMT then what good are your "bounty hunting" skills, clown.

Reply to
whoyakidding's ghost