Oddball die wanted

"Michael A. Terrell" on Tue, 21 May 2013

10:05:59 -0400 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

Maybe so, but it is my swamp. A little thing, not quite big enough to qualify as a Wetland(tm,pat pend), and the low spot where all the septic fields drain to. Bwahahahahahahahahahaaha! Ha!

pyotr filipivich

Not all plumbers play in the sewers. Some play with live steam that can cut them in half, but they get huge paychecks.

You didn't read the description with the photo. That wound is over five years old, and still not healed. It was caused by an incompetent VA doctor. Both legs are covered with scar tissue, and the skin is so thin that a bandaid will peel off what little there is left.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

You're sick. I like that in people, as long as they can control it. ;-)

Dollar Tree had some of those foam can holders yesterday that said, "You say PSYCHO like there's something wrong with it"

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Yes, I truly _must_ work on getting back to that point. I've let worry over material things (and politics) destroy my peaceful state of mind.

Really? I'd have thought you'd go into SHOCK from the first one and it would have settled you down enough to take the second stitch with ease. Not so? ;) But you're right, it takes a definite mindset to do it. The more meditative, the better.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Yeah, I'm sure the palm of a working man's hand is much thicker and tougher than the back. I'll have to remember to soak the wound for 20 minutes prior to stitching it up. Butterfly and dunk, as it were.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

No, I'm a bit smarter. I hope at least some of you/them are accepting foodstamps from the gov't. If not, go do it. Who do you think you are, the gov't? Sheesh, taking in all those freeloaders... REAL family takes on at least some of the load. You might mention it.

Feeding 9 people makes me remember Phoenix in 1972. I had rented a 4 bedroom section of a 12 room 1920s mansion on Adams. 3 families had been living here, but when I moved in, I got 3 roommates. Anyway, the lady with the family upstairs in back loved to cook and was receiving the gov't "cheese" food boxes. The rest of us chipped in veggies and meat, then she whipped up a lot of real nice home-cooked meals for us with her butter, cheese, taters, and pastas. It worked out well for all of us. Nowadays, a food stamp credit card covers a whole lot more territory, practically anything edible, including really bad junk food. If nothing else, you'd all eat like kings in your cramped space.

If it weren't so damned cold up there, I might agree and bump up and over one state. But you've been down that frigid road, haven't you, Ollie, livin' up north?

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Oh, I most certainly do!

My legs, hands, and arms do, too. And I have stitches over and through both eyebrows from skydiving out of my crib as a wee lad. I was the opposite of a cat. I landed on my head, every time. ;) (Yes, that could explain some things, couldn't it?)

But it gets the girls, right? "Oh, tell me about this one!" she cries. "OK, afterward." you wisely reply.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Which half gets the check?

I did, but it wasn't nearly descriptive enough. It was a teaser caption, not an in-depth description. Care to try again?

Oy, vay! Condolences. Reason for skinny skin? I haven't heard that being one of the downsides of diabetes. Is it?

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Their heirs. :(

It's typical of scar tissue. The wound closes, but with less layers of skin. That's why that area is red, compared to the surrounding flesh. The first pressure sore appeared at the site of an old wound that had become infected and scarred while healing.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

War wound?

Pressure sore? I thought that was your shin.

Why did he let it get infected? Is that why you called him incompetent?

Reply to
Larry Jaques

"Michael A. Terrell" on Wed, 22 May 2013

05:24:35 -0400 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

Ah well, being crazy isn't what it used to be.

pyotr filipivich

Gunner Asch on Tue, 21 May 2013 03:55:33 -0700 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

I plan to do something like that. But "where did I get this" was part and parcel of any task. As was "Do I have the whatsit for this, and if so, when/where did I get it?" Sigh ... them days are gone.

pyotr filipivich