OFF TOPIC Ping Iggy

I've got a ? about an e-bay deal I just completed thats gone bad and was wondering if ya might be willing to give me a shove in the proper direction as to resolve the issue.

E-mail is good on my end, just remove the trash.

Reply to
jjbell

A number of others of us have had to call in help when an aBay deal went bad. What happened?

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

Well, I think that the deal unraveled because the aunt snatched the vacuum, not because your price was too good. The lesson is to not sell what you do not have possession of, like that seller did...

Ignoramus28652

Sorry about not posting a reply to this. Thanks to Iggy off line for his help as well.

I bid $100 and won a three month old $1500 lux vacuume cleaner. Major glaot I said to myself :-) The family asked him to sell the grandmothers stuff on e-bay when she passed away..

The seller emailed me stating that he would ship it as soon a payment was received.

I emailed the seller to see if I could pick it up locally seeing as we live in the same town.

He emailed me right back saying that he now couldn't ship it because he didn't have it.......he had call hi mom and it wanst to be had.

Fishy smell all around and thats when I posted the above post to Iggy.

I emailed him stating that I was going to get ahold of e-bay if he didn't come clean. He emailed me back stating that an aunt had laid claim to the vacuum earlier in the week and she wasn't giving it up. He spoke with his folks and he didn't know what to do. I sent him my cell # and told him to call me. Come to find out that I actually knew him. Nice kid. He offered up an older kirby to replace the lux but its not what I wanted. I spoke with his parents and they are in a battle with the rest of the siblings over the grandmothers stuff. The ebay seller is between a rock and a hard place. Seeing as the deal wasn't a breaker for me I told the kid kid to get his shit together because a deal like this to the wrong person might not have gane as well. He got ahold of e-bay, stated that I paid in full, left a very positive feedback and I in turn left a mildly warm feedback. Frigging kid and his mom were in tears.

Some deals are just to good to be a reality, I think this was one of them.

Reply to
jjbell

Thats exactly what I feel happened. The mom weren't real happy with the rest of the family..... looked like feeding tine at a zoo.

No mom we don't want any of nanny's stuff as they're running out the door with arms full......

felt real bad for them all. Thats a good reason for a will, I don't know if that would stop some vultures though.

Thanks for your guidance agian Iggy.... I was ready to blast this kid

Reply to
jjbell