Optrel OSEvolution helmet?

Guy gave me one today. He said he tried it, hated it and stuck it on a shelf. It came with spare face plates, manuals etc etc. Pretty much near new.

It seems to work ok, shrug

Anyone know much about these helmets? Plus or minus comments?

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner

Optrel was founded in Switzerland by a few engineers formerly with Speedglas.

They seem to work , according to most users. I just never liked the tiny windows.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

Tiny window? Its at least the standard size rectangle.

Thanks

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner

Compared to my Jackson Nexgen, Optrels have tiny windows. I got used to the big window, and it makes it hard to see anything through a 2 x 4 lens.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

Once I used a large window, I never had another hood with a 2 x 4 window.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

I've invested in a Nexgen, too, and I fell in love- I've got a leather headbag for tight spots, but I truly enjoy using my Nexgen more than any other hood I've had on.

Reply to
TinLizziedl