Orrifice flow calculator

Where can I find an online calculator to figure the flow through different sized orifices and different pressures? Been too long since I was in school for me to remember how to do this longhand. Thanks in advance!

Reply to
Gerry

None of the 463,000 answers that Altavista (and presumably Google) popped up with are satisfactory?

Reply to
Tim Wescott

Try

There are also "rule of thumb" formula that disregard viscosity for rough and ready calculations.

Cheers,

Bruce (bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)

Reply to
Bruce In Bangkok

None of the 20 or so that I looked at with Google was simple enough to tell me how much flow I could get through an inch of 1/4" pipe at a given pressure. They would tell me what the pressure drop across length of the pipe but that is not what I'm looking for.

Reply to
Gerry

The trouble is that there are a number of factors that enter into the equation. Size of orifice vis-a-vis flow rate and viscosity for the medium being measured, for example, that will effect the calculation dramatically.

The same factors enter into calculating piping losses and are usually overlooked as the piping calcs are usually used to estimate volume of flow for sizing purposes while orifice calcs are generally aimed at accurate measurements.

Cheers,

Bruce (bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)

Reply to
Bruce In Bangkok

You didn't say if you were dealing with water or air but........ I was looking for data to modify some sprinkler heads. Came up with this page.

flow table about half way down.

And http://irrigati> >>> Where can I find an online calculator to figure the flow through

Reply to
RoyJ