OT - Argumentation Course on CD

I got a sales flyer offering The Teaching Company courses at sale prices. There was a favorable article on The Teaching Company courses in The Wall Street Journal some time ago, so I didn't just throw the flyer out. Instead, I bought their Argumentation course on CD, and have been listening to it for the last week or so. I'm probably 1/4 or 1.3 through the course.

While we certainly already practice argumentation on one another, I thought that a real course might be useful, unifying and organizing what has been learned in the crash and bang of experience. And I might learn a thing or two. After all, the Greeks have been at this for at least

2,000 years.

It is with some trepidation I report this to RCM, who need no encouragement, but anyway here is the URL:

.

Joe Gwinn

Reply to
Joseph Gwinn

It did them no good, though it propelled the world's intellect considerably.

And those of us who like to try before they buy, can check it out here:

I am downloading right now. Very interesting. Thanks a lot.

Reply to
Ignoramus27724

On Fri, 16 Jan 2009 20:08:03 -0500, the infamous Joseph Gwinn scrawled the following:

Reasoning? That has nothing to do with arguing with the instrumentation.

-- If we all did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves. -- Thomas A. Edison

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Here's another sample:

Steve Walker