OT: big boy toy for sale

Just posted this to the Granada/Monarch group on google, and thought there may be someone in the NG that may be interested in a restoration project car.

================= Metallic green 2 door Mercury Monarch with I-block 250, auto, factory air, power brakes, and after market cruise. Needs a new home and TLC, as it is now clear I will not be able to complete restoration. Car is 1978 and has been in family since new. Two owners, currently tagged. Was an almost daily driver until my age and health intervened.

Base vehicle has slightly more than 100k miles. 5k miles or less on restored components (10k for exhaust system). V. good mechanical condition and can be driven anywhere at design speed of 55-60 MPH. I made a few 300 mile road trips, including Interstates, with complete confidence/satisfaction, with minimal front end wander [After two alignments] Car was running well when I had to park it [outside] a year+ ago. WOULD LIKE TO SELL BEFORE ANOTHER WINTER. Make an offer for entire car for restoration. Replacements include:

  • complete front end rebuild including power steering valve and hoses
  • new rear shocks
  • brakes (power) new pads and shoes
  • ignition module replaced also cap, rotor, wires, and plugs.
  • rebuilt carburetor

great

  • differential lube replaced
  • Interior very good and OE
  • all interior/exterior light bulbs replaced - switches, sockets and wiring are good including turn signals
  • includes OE floor mats
  • all decals, placards, stickers are present
  • after market shop manual included
  • OE owners manual included
  • Midas exhaust system installed c. 10k miles./ 4 years

needs

  • window channel - regulators work well

and works OK

  • fuel gauge is intermittent

lenses ok

duct taped and have all pieces

  • hood ornament vandalized [broken off] have all pieces should be easy [epoxy] repair
  • OE paint oxidized, most likely will not buff out and will require repaint
  • most likely will require a new battery

other items

  • OEM AM only radio [working but limited range]

10w-30 Hi miler

I can post hi-res gif or jpg pictures of features/views of interest.

FWIW nearest airport is Tulsa Oklahoma, and I will pick you up in the Monarch. You can drive the car home after you drop me off about 2 hrs north into Kansas [good/easy connection to Interstate both N/S and E/W from there] .

Best way to contact me is by NG post or email snipped-for-privacy@mcduffee-associates.us You can also phone +1 620.251.5018 but I am deaf as a post. I also have anonymous call blocking to thwart the telemarketers.

Reply to
F. George McDuffee