OT: cleaning teflon parts

Sometimes machined teflon has a slightly rough surface (dull tool probably) which seems to absorb "dirt" which doesn't want to be washed off. Are there any any special soaps, solvents, or processes to clean these? Randy

Reply to
Randy Replogle

We bought a 5 gal ultrasonic cleaning tank. We heat plain ol' water and use Simple Green, and buzz'em for 10 minutes. Works great on most things. If'n ya clean aluminium, though, make sure you dry it thouroughly.

moT

Reply to
Tom Accuosti

Randy Replogle wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I used to work at an RF connector company, and we used to use Freon. Of course you can't use that anymore as it is considered an Ozone depleting chemical by unproven "scientific" theory. Maybe this will work for you:

Reply to
D Murphy

I have been using an industrial degreaser, probably very similar to Simple Green in our new ulrasonic cleaner, on brass parts, and they come out VERY shiny. =) I rinse them with water, and dry them thoroughly.

Reply to
Jon Grimm

Cliff wrote in news:l9qgg1tbsco5iq7pg30m3ki0jpg0l2c33c@

4ax.com:

Don't know. Haven't read it.

I have read a lot about ozone depleting chemicals. I work for a company that used to import near zero emmision closed loop vapor degreasers that use the so called ozone depleters. I've done a lot of reading on the subject including all of the existing and proposed federal laws at the time. It's been a while but I don't believe much has changed.

Feel free to point me to the blind, reproducible, scientific studies that prove conclusively that these chemicals deplete the ozone layer.

This should be good.

Reply to
D Murphy

Randy,

Teflon's pretty inert. It also doesn't absorb much moisture.

Just about any detergent will work.

Regards

Mark

Reply to