OT: Clear Adhesive for Hdlight Protector Vinyl?

I want to make some clear vinyl headlight protectors. The retail ones
are too expensive. Any recommendations for a clear spray-on adheasive to
bond the vinyl panels?
Something like the adhesive used for the cold-laminating protective sheets.
Thanks
JR
Dweller in the cellar
Reply to
JR North
When I was a kid you could buy "contact paper" which was vinyl sheet with adhesive already on it. Came in colors and patterns, made for lining shelves. One of the kinds was simply transparent.
You might be able to simply purchase the stock you need at the local A&P.
Jim
Reply to
jim rozen
Thanks, but the material needs to be rather thick (30-40 mil)minimum to absorb impacts. Thin material won't work. JR Dweller in the cellar
jim rozen wrote:
Reply to
JR North
The headlight film sold commercially is urethane. Vinyl may not hold up well to UV.
The film is made by 3M. Google says this place sells it retail.
Kevin Gallimore
Reply to
axolotl
I've got a S/L of thick vinyl left over from my bimini top project. Marine grade, UV stabilized. Anyway, pennies per light, so who cares if it only lasts 6 months. JR Dweller in the cellar
axolotl wrote: > JR North wrote: > >> I want to make some clear vinyl headlight protectors. > > > The headlight film sold commercially is urethane. Vinyl may not hold up > well to UV. > > The film is made by 3M. Google says this place sells it retail. > >
> Kevin Gallimore > >
Reply to
JR North
If you want to use non-stretchy vinyl, heat it and drape over the cover you wish to protect. Self adhesive. The folks that make the transparent conductive plastic for EMI shielding used "Final Net" hairspray to bond the plastic to the glass.
Kevin Gallimore
Reply to
axolotl

Gunner Asch