OT: Cleveeland cop dies on the line

I love my revolvers! Just hard to carry and wrong trigger.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

The squared off or hooked trigger guard is designed to do exactly this...hook the trigger finger of the weak hand. Pull up with the strong hand wrist, pull down with the weak hand finger, puts you into a "bind"..a mini icosoles (sp?) triangle. Tuck your weak hand thumb UNDER the strong hand thumb, aline side the frame..and you are good to go.

Gunner

Gunner Asch

The key is for the gun to return to the same position as fast as possible. So, in addition to controlling recoil, minimize any unbalanced side pressure. The problem I seem to have is the double-stack doesn't feel right in my hands. The grip I've used for years just doesn't work, I don't know where to put my hands. With the crappy trigger, the XD sat alone in the case. Did you see the videos on the Springer site? If I wasn't running a night shift, I would have gone in the back. Unfortunately, my people don't concentrate as well with the noise.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Well, you're clearly anti American. You should leave the country. How dare you say all those negative and critical things about this country. This is the best country in the world. I can't stand unpatriotic people who do nothing but put down this great country. It's guys like him that are tearing this country down. America, love it or leave it is what I always say.

Hawke

Reply to
Hawke

I live in California too. I know where Taft is. I've driven by there plenty of times. It's crap. Believe me you wouldn't want to live there. Why do you think "it's a town in decline" when the rest of California continues to grow? That ought to tell you how attractive a place to live it is. It's flat, hot, dry, and in the middle of nowhere. No wonder Popgunner lives there. It's perfect for him.

Hawke

Reply to
Hawke

You have too much fun in your spare time! That Benelli would be a LOT more fun in an urban setting, bring it with you when you come to Cleveland!

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Some of today's best hollowpoints are specifically designed to expand at quite slow speeds. I think it's Speer that has a 135 grain load in .38 special that is designed specifically for snubbies. Tests show it expands at snub nosed speeds consistently. You just have to know your bullets. As to the 147 grain 9mms, they are being used by a number of law enforcement agencies and with the low speed expanding bullets they have a very good record for stopping power. The days of the super high speed 115 grain 9mm bullets being the way to go are long gone. Any modern 9mm bullet does a good job. It's more personal preference than performance these days. Me, I like the 124 grainers in Gold Dots, Golden Sabers, and the Hornady XTPs, which are known to penetrate more than the others but not as much as Winchester silvertips. Like they say, it's all good nowadays, and that includes the 147 grain ones too.

Hawke

Reply to
Hawke

Then stop in, knock on his door, and tell him face to face, coward.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Yawn. The inane bleating of a fake patriot.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

...and take all the union jobs and millions I pump into the economy with me? How patriotic of you! Since you do nothing for the economy or supply jobs...you should be kissing my ass!

Reply to
Tom Gardner

And I would have bet on you being anti-gun...I'm impressed! I'll probably stick with hardball and count on multiple taps, that's how I've practiced for 35 years, using one ammo all the time. I'll probably not carry very often, I just want the option.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

I read an article in, I think, "Combat Handgunner" a couple of months ago that said that even NYPD, that bastion of antiquity, had gone to hollow points for the simple reason that they wanted to stop the through and through shootings in which other officers and by-standers were getting shot by ball ammo. Makes sense to me. When I was on the force in Richmond, Va. we had to stand inspection with ball but as soon as we got in the car we switched to Super-vel hollow points.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Chandler

Point taken.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Tom, make sure all of your shots are up to date before you let 'hawkie' kiss your ass.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

x?T]oÜ6|ç¯?Ø-pVÝÔ? R ¾n?6¨ÑGJÚ??¸ ?î¢?YÊ0rM[ôE (qvvf?¿ºç~C?OéÎFzryù}óÝõ?×X¼º{»¡×~¢??~äHgc¾ WO¾ï~27ó?oè%óµ1Ïüs}¯{?öÏÿ{ãEèiKG)cOÎ?ZÎ$)Xú0 Ù_ %4M³=?ÈOs?ÿ?h{>?4Gim;.&eßí?¯pôÙ:ö­Åßh:)¡??ý

Reply to
Gunner Asch

"Hawke" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

For those who aren't interested in either Welfare or the Welfare State but prefer personal freedom, towns like Taft have a definite appeal.

After all, "Chicken", not EVERYONE wants to be an inmate of such notorious prisons as Los Angeles.

Reply to
Eregon

With the quality of bullets available today there is no justification for FMJ in a personal self defense weapon. Most modern guns will digest any of the premium ammunition. That said, you always have to field test the ammo you are going to use in your CCW. Occasionally you will find a brand of ammo your gun doesn't feed properly. FMJ is almost guaranteed to make a small hole and exit the target, which you don't want. You can't go wrong with the Speer Gold Dots. Find a premium cartridge and stick with it. It'll work if you ever need it.

Oh, one thing is for sure. I'm very pro gun. My views on things are not consistent with one political philosophy, which is why some mistakenly think I'm a liberal. I don't know any liberals who are fiscally conservative, pro gun, and anti immigration like me. I'm fiscally conservative and socially liberal. That doesn't fit in any particular party, and is why I've been a registered independent for many years. While I surely disagree with you on some things there are probably a number of areas where we agree. Unlike the Popgunner, who I disagree with on nearly everything. But then he's a right wing radical. If you find yourself agreeing with him a lot you need to seek help.

Hawke

Reply to
Hawke

Super-Vels! Wow, that was a long time ago. Those were the days of the super hot light weight bullet trend in 9mm ammo. There's a lot more choices nowadays. The advances in bullet design in the last decade have really improved the performance of 9mm ammo to the point that all the expensive stuff is very effective. Today it's not the bullet weight that matters that much. It all performs really well. But I still think that the 124 grain weight bullet is ideal for the 9mm caliber.

Hawke

Reply to
Hawke

How does it feel when the shoe is on the other foot? I just thought you should hear the kind of garbage that I hear whenever I am critical of this country. Not very nice is it? But that is the kind of thing I hear everytime I say something is wrong with this country. Now you are criticizing the country and you are surprised to hear those things said to you. The truth is the country is in bad shape and has lots of things that need fixin'. Seeing what's wrong and saying something about it doesn't make one anti American. Some folks need to keep that in mind next time they hear somebody criticizing America.

Hawke

Reply to
Hawke

We used .38 revolvers, autos weren't allowed. The whole department (445) used 4" S&W. One other guy and I had the only two 6" Colts that the department had. Guess who had the better scores during annual quals. This was in 1970-72.

Jim

Jim

Reply to
Jim Chandler