Where In The World Is Iggy?

Hey, where's Iggy? I'm waiting for a detailed report on that train trip with his son. He should be home by now, don't you think?

Jim

Reply to
Jim Chandler

On 8/26 he posted into a politcal thread on this news group. I sure home he is having fun with his boy on this trip.

Wes

Wes

I suspect he's home , since he dropped me a pair of drill chucks in the mail yesterday ...

Reply to
Terry Coombs

I am home, the trip was awesome. I have 600+ photographs to download from my camera and I am not fully done. But they will all be public.

Reply to
Ignoramus17245

That's a lot of pictures. I'm heading off in a couple days for a two week trip to Egypt including a week diving the Red Sea. I've got three digital cameras, 20GB+ of SD cards and a DVC camcorder with 10hr of tape. I expect to come back with a couple pictures...

Reply to
Pete C.

Should be interesting.

Reply to
Ignoramus17245

Excellent. Glad you had a good time.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Chandler

diving the Red Sea sounds like fun. I wish I could still dive but the asthema won't allow it. Had to sell all my gear about three years or so ago.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Chandler

I would suggest ruthless editing -- 600 is far too many.

Joe Gwinn

Reply to
Joseph Gwinn

I will probably have 250 or so left. But even ruthless editing is very time consuming. There are some pictures of naked females flashing the train, also.

Reply to
Ignoramus17245

I'd give my front seat in hell to go with you ..........

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Time and heart surgery keeps me above surface now. But I do miss it, and it is truly a unique experience for any human. I got certified first in '69, then commercially in '74.

It's like going into outer space.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

DO NOT DELETE Any Photos from the trip, even if they are blurry or out of focus - burn them all off onto CD or DVD, and stick a copy offsite for safe keeping. The only ruthless editing needed is picking out the best ones to put online.

Because you might go back later and notice an interesting detail you didn't see the first twenty times, or you find out later that some celeb was there at the same time - and that's him in the background...

If there's enough reason to do so, you can try to digitally resuscitate a really badly over/under exposed shot if it turns out there's an item you want to see later.

And in the same vein, always save those hard copies at their maximum resolution - you don't want to de-res a 1920X1440 65K-color shot to

600X480 x 256-color for the web, and accidentally overwrite the original file. "Save? Y/N __" Gone forever is a bad thing.

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

How time consuming could it be to delete everything else?

Seriously though, I'm glad you had a good trip.

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

Tried Advair? Works quite well.

Reply to
Pete C.

I have tickets for the mosh pit in hell, with complimentary flame thrower too...

Reply to
Pete C.

Yes, space is cheap. *Always* shoot at sensor resolution (not the max on some cameras), and *always* archive everything that resembles a picture. Only completely messed up pics qualify for deletion.

Reply to
Pete C.

I delete pictures that are duplicates, blurry ones, etc. Then I make an index with thumbnails of reasonable (quick to download) size. The pictures themselves, nowadays, I try to keep to high resolution.

Reply to
Ignoramus27757

Now that high resolution cameras are becoming dirt cheap, though, you might have to make some choices.

This one will fill a DVD with fewer than 50 shots, and a 650M CD with a handful of TIFFs.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

Yea, which is why CD and DVD, even blu-ray will be going out the window as archive media. Flash like SDHC and USB drives will take over since the cost/GB is coming down fast and they take less space. Pretty easy to toss a case of SDs or handful of USB drives in your safe deposit box, something you can't do with full sized CD/DVD in the cheapest boxes.

Reply to
Pete C.