Where In The World Is Iggy?

Since when do cows & horses dress up ????

Reply to
Alan

Agreed. I was NAUI certified in 1977, I think< as part of the PE program at Solano Community College in Suisun city, CA. I've only made a few ocean dives because of the distance from the ocean and the time consumed gettign there but I enjoyed every minute in the water. It's truly and amazing thing. Now, even though I'm only 100 miles or so from the ocean, I can't do it because of breathing difficulties. Oh well, such is life. At least I was able to do most of the things I wanted, SCUBA, skydiving, auto racing, flying, chasing women. At almost 65, I reckon it's time to slow down a little.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Chandler

Yep, I've been using it for about four years now, along with Singular once a day. Still have problems if I exert myself too much. The asthema was probably caused by Agent Orange or some such shit. My Spooky squadron shared the ramp with "Ranch Hand" in Vietnam and we smelled that stuff all the time.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Chandler

Bummer. Well, this is the metalworking group after all, so I suppose you'll have to build yourself a mini sub. If the problem is exertion, a wet sub should be fine since they don't require any exertion and are simpler to build.

Reply to
Pete C.

You know, I've actually thought of building a scale model of a nuke sub. Wouldn't THAT freak out the boaters, not to mention the park rangers, on the local lakes? :-)

Jim

Reply to
Jim Chandler

Not to mention the DoE, NRC, IAEA, ... :o)

Reply to
Morris Dovey

Just build it 1/8 scale or so and you can ride in it.

Reply to
Pete C.

It would have to be electric powered but can you visualize that black sail and round hull cutting through the water? What a sight that would be!

Jim

Reply to
Jim Chandler

That's about what I figured. A piece of dark plexiglas in the front of the sail so you could see and not have to stick your head out.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Chandler

You never watched Hee Haw? The pigs got into the act, as well.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I think a more conventional wet sub would be the best project. Think electric powered submersible jet ski. Use regular SCUBA gear and 36% nitrox and you should be able to ride around at good depth most anywhere, and have the easy safety bailout option to just surface with your SCUBA gear. Include a CO2 inflatable SMB attached to the sub via a long steel cable and you have easy retrieval in the unlikely event you need to ditch it. Hmmm, now I'm thinking I might need to build one for myself...

Reply to
Pete C.

They would really freak out when you fired the first torpedo...

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Think ICBM... Inter City Ballistic Missile

Reply to
Pete C.

'Inter City Beer Missile' from the old Bob Shreve late night movie on a Cincinnati TV station. It was called "The Past Prime Playhouse" and was full of lame jokes, running gags and bad movies. One of his sponsors was a beer company and he did live commercials. One was about failed methods to deliver beer faster, including the 'Inter City Beer Missile'. The old boy has passed on, but there is a tribute site to his silliness:

Michael A. Terrell

Well there you go, now we have a use for Iggy's mega compressor - beer mortar.

Reply to
Pete C.

Or launched the first missile. Hmmmmm....

Jim

Reply to
Jim Chandler

Hmmmmm.... hell. jCust build it and post plenty of pictures! ;-)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

On Wed, 27 Aug 2008 23:33:14 -0400, with neither quill nor qualm, Joseph Gwinn quickly quoth:

True. It's not too many to have _taken_, it's just too many to show.

-- Smokey the Bear's rules for fire safety should apply to government: Keep it small, keep it in a confined area, and keep an eye on it. --John Stossel in _Myths, Lies, and Downright Stupidity_

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Wed, 27 Aug 2008 23:40:58 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm, Ignoramus17245 quickly quoth:

DO NOT BE TOO RUTHLESS IN EDITING THOSE, please, sir.

-- Smokey the Bear's rules for fire safety should apply to government: Keep it small, keep it in a confined area, and keep an eye on it. --John Stossel in _Myths, Lies, and Downright Stupidity_

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Spooky?

I love ya man. Saved my ass on more than one occasion.

Respects

Gunner

"Confiscating wealth from those who have earned it, inherited it, or got lucky is never going to help 'the poor.' Poverty isn't caused by some people having more money than others, just as obesity isn't caused by McDonald's serving super-sized orders of French fries Poverty, like obesity, is caused by the life choices that dictate results." - John Tucci,

Reply to
Gunner Asch