Where In The World Is Iggy?

"Confiscating wealth from those who have earned it, inherited it, or got lucky is never going to help 'the poor.' Poverty isn't caused by some people having more money than others, just as obesity isn't caused by McDonald's serving super-sized orders of French fries Poverty, like obesity, is caused by the life choices that dictate results." - John Tucci,

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Yep, '67/'68 out of Bien Hoa. Loved every minute of it.

The pistol match is coming along rather nicely. My girlfriend and I were at Sportsman's Warehouse today and will be there tomorrow selling raffle tickets for the Springfield XD Tactical. Only 200 tickets will be sold and we have about 70 or so left. $5/ticket or 5 for $20. Don't need to be present. Drawing on Sunday the 7th of September at the match about 2:00 p.m. Right now it looks like somewhere between 50 and 100 shooters, maybe more. I'm getting more excited by the minute.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Chandler

Ill be loading ammo tommorow for several guns.

Im putting confettie loads in the one Im loaning Bruce Bergman.

Monday Ill be dragging Stuff out for the Yard Sale down in Costa Mesa Saturday

Gunner

"Confiscating wealth from those who have earned it, inherited it, or got lucky is never going to help 'the poor.' Poverty isn't caused by some people having more money than others, just as obesity isn't caused by McDonald's serving super-sized orders of French fries Poverty, like obesity, is caused by the life choices that dictate results." - John Tucci,

Reply to
Gunner Asch

I only *need* one ticket, add it on my registration. (Not a big lottery fan.) If there are more left, I'll consider bumping it to five then.

Actually, I would have expected a "Dragon's Breath" or two, but burning magnesium dust and other (stuff) has to be hard on the bore...

Didya know they make Glaser's for .25? Not like it could punch aluminum on it's own, but...

Saturday we've got another group

get-together at Big Corona Beach in Corona Del Mar - I might make the Mar-Machine Yard Sale for a bit and then go to lunch and the afternoon. (Probably won't stay late if we have to get up and run to Apple Valley in the morning.)

I'll drive the Saturn SL2 and not the TransSport, so I'm not tempted to have a lathe follow me home. (Although with creative stuffing...)

And if Gunner can behave ;-) with kids around, others are welcome to tag along to the beach. I can bring extra burgers and buns. Brewski's, you're on your own - that's why they make ice chests.

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

Do you want me to save you some raffle tickets? We have TEN of the

200 left. If I sell these in the next day or so we are going to do a S&W .40.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Chandler

Id only shoot those from a cheap shotgun....

Did you read my emal where I expressed some concern on your dependance on the .25?

Please review.....sigh.

Im always a gentleman in person, unless the other party .....

And Im teetotal. I dont drink any sort of booze, or use drugs.

Im this way naturally........muahahahahahaha!

Thanks for the offer though..Ill be tied up with the yard sale and friends later that day.

"Confiscating wealth from those who have earned it, inherited it, or got lucky is never going to help 'the poor.' Poverty isn't caused by some people having more money than others, just as obesity isn't caused by McDonald's serving super-sized orders of French fries Poverty, like obesity, is caused by the life choices that dictate results." - John Tucci,

Reply to
Gunner Asch

I'd say go for the XD tactical. I have no quarrel with the S&W but I like the XD better. I have an XD .40, my neighbor has an S&W. The XD fits hand more like a 1911, the S&W fits more like a Glock. I think the XD has a better trigger as found, and it's easy to improve it.

Pick yer pony, take yer ride.

Reply to
Don Foreman

Nah..sell em. Ive got a customer that owes me a shitload of money and is dribbling it out a tiny bit at a time. Ive been cash strapped for 2 months now..its gonna put a dent in what reservces Ive got left just for gas and entry fee.

Shrug...being self employed sucks sometimes

Gunner

"Confiscating wealth from those who have earned it, inherited it, or got lucky is never going to help 'the poor.' Poverty isn't caused by some people having more money than others, just as obesity isn't caused by McDonald's serving super-sized orders of French fries Poverty, like obesity, is caused by the life choices that dictate results." - John Tucci,

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Been there, done that, didn't even get the tee shirt. I know exactly what you mean about being self employed. Looking forward to meeting you on Sunday.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Chandler