OT-Copyright Lawsuits

As of friday they have filed 81 lawsuits in federal court. Wanna bet they drop the ones that answer the complaint and wont settle out of court. I wonder how long the court is gonna put up with this shakedown scam?

Best Regards Tom.

azotic

If it is legal, probably schedule them.

They gave an acquaintance of mine, Irwin Schiff, basically life for writing books. I would have loved watching that trial, but was really busy at the time.

SW

Reply to
Sunworshipper

Ummmm....no. That's not the way it happened.

Irwin Schiff was sent to jail for tax evasion -- failing to file returns in some years, filing false returns in other years. Not "for writing books".

Doug Miller

Sure enough. I had heard it was for him refusing to stop promoting his cause. At the time I had to disassociate myself from him so I couldn't find out the details. Still, I feel they just wanted to shut him down cause of the others that believed, sure took their time to go after him for tax evasion. I could have told anyone that after the times of arguing with him while pounding beers poolside. He was animate and would not listen to the amendment where they can levy taxes and if it technically wasn't spelled out for mandatory vs. voluntary income that the hammer will fall anyhow.

SW

Reply to
Sunworshipper

Maybe he means Schiff was keeping *two sets* of books.

Reply to
Ed Huntress