OT: Ebay Nitwit

I have a Fuji 2800Z which is a 6X zoom and shoots videos with sound too.

Also an Olympus D-560 with a 3X zoom. They both focus to about 4".

But I don't have room for more Stuff here. I'm either going to have to get a bigger place or auction some of this s--t off.

No more cats, either :-)

Fred

Reply to
ff

Either would be nice. The Oly uses a card format Im not familar with. They appear to be pretty cheap on ebay...something like $35 or so based on the current auctions.

The Fuji looks really sweet, and I like the style. What do you have to have for either?

Damn...bucks is really tight. Shrug.

Ya can never have enough cats.

Gunner

- Proverbs 22:3

Reply to
Gunner

The seller may be a nitwit (in your eyes), but you most definitely are a bit off your rocker.

Reply to
Abrasha

Be wary of cheap cameras on ebay. Both of these cameras were malfunctioning when I bought them. I put work into them which would have been over $100 done by a camera shop (picture tweezers, magnivisor, tiny screws, etc) That Fuji was really intricate, three circuit boards connected with tiny flexible printed cables and a motorized zoom which is fiendishly complex.

Fred

Reply to
ff

Good try but no cigar. You have it only partly right. The first and main idea in advertising is to get you to look at (listen to, if audio) the advertising as long as possible. A very common advertising technique is to create something out of kilter, some small mistake, so your attention will be arrested long enough for you to have interest in what you're seeing. Without the distraction your eyes glide over the advertisement too quickly. Really large companies, with really large budgets to spend on really large professional advertising companies seldom "make" such "accidents" unless planned.

Looks like it worked; you got sucked right in. And sucked us all in with you. ;)

dennis in nca

Reply to
rigger

Reply to