OT: flying the Grand Canyon

Seen in rec.motorcycles Karl

Reply to
kfvorwerk

I'll have to download this later on my sister's broadband connection.

It's a blast and probably good training to try this in a flight simulator. The Vegas Strip and the gorge below Niagara Falls are fun, too. I have only 1.5 hrs of real-life stick time and have to use a slow biplane to get down low.

jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

Way way cool...and asshole snapping shut spooky.

Gunner

Gunner Asch

Pretty awesome footage. Filmed back when men were men and willing to suffer the consequences. Did you notice the blurbage where the son went PC on his dad would be for flight restrictions in the park?

Also, notice the sign at the end, I believe that was the victory sign before the left co-oped it.

Wes

Wes

Martin H. Eastburn

Think nap of earth at Mach 1+, alt 50 feet in an F-106 over the fjords of western Scotland. Helluva ride!

Reply to
Don Foreman

OOOOOO!!!! I just got a woodie!

Be still my heart!...well..that was just an expression...cringe...

Gunner

Gunner Asch

On Thu, 26 Nov 2009 02:54:17 -0800 (PST), the infamous " snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com" scrawled the following:

Take me up next! That looks like it would have been fun. Much more fun than F-4 or Huey runs up the Mekong. (noone shooting at you)

-- Some days, it's not even worth chewing through the restraints.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Thu, 26 Nov 2009 10:57:12 -0500, the infamous Wes scrawled the following:

(Check last sentence syntax, please.) The son did put together the footage for us, even though the birds wouldn't have liked it and Dad wouldn't have been able to get away with that today.

Well, it wasn't a "Live Long and Prosper" sign. That's for sure. ;)

-- Some days, it's not even worth chewing through the restraints.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Fri, 27 Nov 2009 01:17:56 -0600, the infamous Don Foreman scrawled the following:

Helluva sound! Numerous Scots were said to have lost control of their sheep and dropped their legs during the flyovers. ;>

-- Some days, it's not even worth chewing through the restraints.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I'm pretty sure the son was happy to show it, I just think the PC bit at the end wasn't needed. I had a OIC that got grounded for flying under the Savanna River bridge. Tip, don't do that in a TA-4 Skyhawk with a General driving over the bridge. There are not that many TA-4's and the Marines know what time they are airborn.

I think you need to add two fingers for that one. William Shatner seemed to have problems making that sign.

Wes

Wes