OT Good news (from "who will be the first")

Thanks for that.

Reply to
Don Foreman

On Wed, 14 Apr 2010 23:35:47 -0500, the infamous Don Foreman scrawled the following:

Do them poorly and she won't.

Newp.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Any updates on your Mary?

Wes

Reply to
Wes

She's home, feeling a bit beat up but improving steadily. She is taking it easy as she should. I'm in caregiver mode for a little while, my turn in the barrel and I'm very glad I'm able to do.

Couldn't interest her in food tonight but she had a nice Belgian waffle for lunch. I've got some ribeye steaks thawing in the fridge for tomorrow. I strongly doubt that she'll be uninterested in a nice ribeye broiled very rare with baked tater and green peas. I could also do garlic smashed taters but it's hard to beat a bake with a steak.

I'm not projecting here, Mar purely loves a good ribeye bloody rare.

Tonight, as I sat next to her with Gladiator on the TV, she talked almost nonstop for well over an hour. She's feeling better! Mary is absolutely not a motormouth, she was just a few days behind on sharing while inward focus took higher priority. I sure do understand that!

She'll not complain about nor admit to fear or pain pro tem but she'll later share experience with me when she's ready to do so and has it parked. We're both like that.

Cardiac issues and events do tend to have emotional impact. I pretty much ignored the movie and listened to her, kidded her now and then. We're teammates.

Nobody wants to seem like a fraidy cat but anxiety can happen when the monitor in the ICU keeps beeping an alarm condition for low B.P. with an alert flashing in red on the monitor. Remediation was 3 units of blood and a liter of something else IV. That sit was what kept her there for an extra day. We continue to be impressed with the quality of care provided by this facility and the competent and caring professionals who work there.

She accepted wheelchair transport with me as pusher at the clinic for some lab work today, but when I took milady to lunch afterwards she walked into that restaurant like she'd dance on the bar if they had a piano player. I can fake it as a honkytonk piano player but Baker's Square has neither a bar nor a piano so we quietly enjoyed our lunch. She's sleeping in a recliner for a while. Been there, done that. I slept in that recliner for more than a month.

Reply to
Don Foreman

Good to hear that she is doing well.

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

On Sat, 17 Apr 2010 01:52:06 -0500, the infamous Don Foreman scrawled the following:

Excellent, x2.

It's good that you put on something quiet, mellow, soothing, and relaxing for her to recover to, Don.

Bueno, bwana.

Dad did that after his quad bypass. It was closer to the bathroom, too. He tried the massage button and couldn't hit the OFF button soon enough. (No, Winnie, the massage button was on the _recliner_.)

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Please tell her that all your metalworking pals are delighted she is back home and getting better.

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

Happiness is a vibrating recliner.

--Winnie

Reply to
Winston

On Sat, 17 Apr 2010 16:43:33 -0700, the infamous Winston scrawled the following:

Not to Dad, right after a bypass. (hesitation noted)

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Hopefully he enjoyed the recliner after a full recovery.

--Winnie

Reply to
Winston

On Sat, 17 Apr 2010 08:05:07 -0700, Larry Jaques

I know milady. I've seen few things light her up like the display of edged weapons in the Stewart castle in Scotland, think Braveheart.

Reply to
Don Foreman

God bless her! Any woman who loves edged weapons is a good woman! (SCA maybe?)

Reply to
John Husvar

On Sat, 17 Apr 2010 22:38:59 -0700, the infamous Winston scrawled the following:

Yessir, both before surgery and after recovery.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Sun, 18 Apr 2010 01:08:23 -0500, the infamous Don Foreman scrawled the following:

Perhaps, but, right after _heart_surgery_, Don?

Reply to
Larry Jaques

(...)

Cool! Can you set it for massage without heat?

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

Hey, she had the remote!

Reply to
Don Foreman

What is SCA?

Reply to
Don Foreman

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

Ah so and uh huh.

Don't know that Milady is into SCA but mystery is an essential part of the feminine mystique, n'est-ce pas? Even after 30 years of partnership we may each and both have a few secrets cloaked in fog of yesteryear and best left so. Who knows, who cares, life lurches on like a creeping puddle of urine, or blood, or whatever.

Being a docile domestic senior gent, I'm content to keep the kitchen cutlery scarey sharp and Milady does seem to appreciate it.

She's back in hospital as of this evening. Feelin' better within an hour of admission. They'll keep her overnight, do some tests tomorrow. Mar would no more complain than jump over the moon but she obviously felt lousy with negative time derivative so I pulled the pin after she rejected ribeye steak dinner. I suggested she call a doc. She did. After discussing adjustments to meds for a while, he suggested we go forthwith to the ER for a test. She could roger that, Dr order rather than pissymoany plaintive bellringer can't-hack-it weepy wail.

Have I ever mentioned that gentle Mar has a bit of starch?

She was feeling MUCH better an hour after admission at the ER. Heart rate more under control, BP back up to within range of livable, color improved, feelin' much better after infusion of 2 units of blood and a liter of some other juice.

Reply to
Don Foreman

On Sun, 18 Apr 2010 16:19:01 -0700, the infamous Winston scrawled the following:

Ayup. Upper back, lower back, or both. Heat or not. "Works a treat." as someone I know tends to say. ;)

Reply to
Larry Jaques