OT-Gunner's making a fool of himself

So am I, for some reason....

Oh right, because Nobody's thinks that Gunner and I are best buds or something. Heh!

Reply to
Artemia Salina

Chuckle..Ive had some of the nastiest people on the planet trying to KILL me. Ive had a price on my head. 10,000 P dead, Zero alive

Think a bit of "Harumph!" is gonna phase me in the slightest?

Think again.

Gunner

"By calling attention to 'a well regulated militia', the 'security' of the nation, and the right of each citizen 'to keep and bear arms', our founding fathers recognized the essentially civilian nature of our economy. Although it is extremely unlikely that the fears of governmental tyranny which gave rise to the Second Amendment will ever be a major danger to our nation, the Amendment still remains an important declaration of our basic civilian-military relationships, in which every citizen must be ready to participate in the defense of his country. For that reason, I believe the Second Amendment will always be important." -- Senator John F. Kennedy, (D) 1960

Reply to
Gunner

Shissss...Arty...dont let em know we are related.....

Gunner

"By calling attention to 'a well regulated militia', the 'security' of the nation, and the right of each citizen 'to keep and bear arms', our founding fathers recognized the essentially civilian nature of our economy. Although it is extremely unlikely that the fears of governmental tyranny which gave rise to the Second Amendment will ever be a major danger to our nation, the Amendment still remains an important declaration of our basic civilian-military relationships, in which every citizen must be ready to participate in the defense of his country. For that reason, I believe the Second Amendment will always be important." -- Senator John F. Kennedy, (D) 1960

Reply to
Gunner

Don Bruder wrote in article ...

Oh No!!!!!

I've offended you!!!!!......

......and, because of me, YOU won't be playing along anymore!!!!!!

Is YOUR Mommy gonna' make a nasty telephone call to MY Mommy telling her that I don't play well with others?

Is your ego SO big that you actually believe that statement means anything to me.....or several others on this thread?????

Go knit some mittens or something......You will NOT be missed in this corner.

Maybe its time for you to take a nap!

My original statement is above.

As I stated, * I *, personally, have never seen anyone back down from a Plonk! In every case that * I * have ever observed, the Plonkee continues on posting while the Plonker sits in a corner with his security blanket and Teddy Bear and fumes.

I never suggested that my observations encompass *ALL" situations.

Reply to
Bob Paulin

Don Bruder wrote in article ...

But, the fact of the matter is that, over time, "social pressure" has proven to NOT work with Gunner.

THAT simple fact has been proven on this newsgroup time and again, yet people continue to apply it as though it actually DOES work.

Maybe we could give Gunner a "time-out" too!

That is a "social pressure" concept that also works.....in nursery school.

As a matter of fact, I consider the word "PLONK!" to be so violent as to be socially unacceptable,.....so, why don't we use the words "Time out" as a euphemism for killfiling?

"Gunner.....I'm giving you a 'time out'. " ROFL!!!!!!!

THAT ought to have about the same effect on Gunner as "PLONK!" or an announced killfiling, yet be somewhat less violent in language.

Are you THAT upset to realize that many warm 'n' fuzzy social theories often do not work on people who deal in the real world?

What's the matter??? Don't have the stones to say "PLONK!" - excuse me "Time out" - to me?

Go ahead.....I can take it!!! LOL!!!!!!!

Reply to
Bob Paulin

Eric Just because you happen not to believe (or like) what Gunner says, that doesn't mean it's NOT true.

Read it and either accept it or hit the delete key.

I happen to agree with much what the 'vast right-wing conspiracy' touts. Why ? Because I KNOW THAT IT _IS_ TRUE.

And you are not going to change WHAT I BELIEVE. Just like I'm not gonna change your belief in your god.

Eric, people like you make USENET funny. That's funny because I can choose to read it OR NOT !

Reply to
Fuhh

So you admit the Left does this?

Thank you.

Gunner

"By calling attention to 'a well regulated militia', the 'security' of the nation, and the right of each citizen 'to keep and bear arms', our founding fathers recognized the essentially civilian nature of our economy. Although it is extremely unlikely that the fears of governmental tyranny which gave rise to the Second Amendment will ever be a major danger to our nation, the Amendment still remains an important declaration of our basic civilian-military relationships, in which every citizen must be ready to participate in the defense of his country. For that reason, I believe the Second Amendment will always be important." -- Senator John F. Kennedy, (D) 1960

Reply to
Gunner

Earth to gunner:

1) no easter bunny

2) no santa clause

3) no tooth fairy

4) all politicians lie

5) "all" in (4) above should be construed to mean, "including, but not limited to, republicans and democrats."

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen

You're just a troll.

Reply to
Artemia Salina

Im too tall to be a troll and I have a much better sex life, relatively speaking.

Gunner

"As physicists now know, there is some nonzero probability that any object will, through quantum effects, tunnel from the workbench in your shop to Floyds Knobs, Indiana (unless your shop is already in Indiana, in which case the object will tunnel to Trotters, North Dakota). The smaller mass of the object, the higher the probability. Therefore, disassembled parts, particularly small ones, of machines disappear much faster than assembled machines." Greg Dermer: rec.crafts.metalworking

Reply to
Gunner

That was after threatening to murder people in the thread entitled "OT - Bush the humanatarian"

You are a disgusting waste of everyone's time.

Goodbye

Reply to
Artemia Salina

Going somewhere?

Gunner

"As physicists now know, there is some nonzero probability that any object will, through quantum effects, tunnel from the workbench in your shop to Floyds Knobs, Indiana (unless your shop is already in Indiana, in which case the object will tunnel to Trotters, North Dakota). The smaller mass of the object, the higher the probability. Therefore, disassembled parts, particularly small ones, of machines disappear much faster than assembled machines." Greg Dermer: rec.crafts.metalworking

Reply to
Gunner

I find it fascinating that in all these posts not one person has brought up the fact that Eric will call Gunner, take up hours of Gunners time to solve Erics problems and then say in the newsgroup that he, Eric, finds it necessary to place Gunner in a kill file so he doesn't have to listen to his comments..... Amazing how some of you liberal wack-jobs think...... Pat

Reply to
patlandy

Pat, I didn't call Gunner to ask him to fix a problem. I mainly called to shoot the breeze. And as far as people accusing me of thinkinjg something is not true just because I don't like it are wrong. Things are true or not. And unfortunately Gunner has posted lots of untrue stuff lately. More than usual. And if someone has posted something in reply to something Gunner said I don't read what Gunner said anymore. Nowhere did I say that I was calling Gunner to solve my problems. And then you call me a liberal whack job with no basis. You don't know how I think. You just assumed the reasons for my talking to Gunner. So, you disagree with something I said and try to insult me. I'm proud to be a liberal, I'm not a whack job, and I don't use insults to try to win an argument. Eric R Snow

Reply to
Eric R Snow

Brings on a new perspective when you realize their serious.

nation, and the right of each citizen 'to keep and bear arms', our founding fathers recognized the essentially civilian nature of our economy. Although it is extremely unlikely that the fears of governmental tyranny which gave rise to the Second Amendment will ever be a major danger to our nation, the Amendment still remains an important declaration of our basic civilian-military relationships, in which every citizen must be ready to participate in the defense of his country. For that reason, I believe the Second Amendment will always be important."

Reply to
Sunworshipper

Fascinating indeed. Gunner is such a shy retiring flower that he *himself* certainly would have avoided commenting just that same thing.

Which would lead us liberal whack-jobs to imagine that your scenario, no matter how tasty to you, probably just plain did not happen.

I think I'm going to have to join Eric on this one. Time to take out an ACLU membership. Heck, the folks defending teh bill of rights need all teh whack-job help we can get.

Patlandy, which one of the first 11 amendments do *you* find particulary offensive?

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen

I guess the part about his extensive knowledge and willingness to share it following the sentence about hours on the phone may have led to my misconception, but then sometime during the hours of conversation I would think you would be able to let him know you were putting him in the killfile..... And as far as people accusing me of thinkinjg

You know, I find it more usefull to point to specific misinformation and refute it point by point...... And if someone has posted something in

I believe my post refered to ".. some fo you liberal wack-jobs" if you wish to include yourself, feel free. You don't know how

How nice for you.... I'm not a whack job, and I don't use insults to try to

I'm sure Gunner will be happy to hear you didn't mean to call him a closed minded, villifier........

Enjoy your evening! Pat

Reply to
patlandy

None actually..... and you? Pat

Reply to
patlandy

Chuckle..when you put it that way..it does sound pretty funny

Gunner

"As physicists now know, there is some nonzero probability that any object will, through quantum effects, tunnel from the workbench in your shop to Floyds Knobs, Indiana (unless your shop is already in Indiana, in which case the object will tunnel to Trotters, North Dakota). The smaller mass of the object, the higher the probability. Therefore, disassembled parts, particularly small ones, of machines disappear much faster than assembled machines." Greg Dermer: rec.crafts.metalworking

Reply to
Gunner

Eric..Ive posted far far more true things, than I have things in error.

I notice you have no comment on those data points.

Shrug.