Machine manuals

I am trying to find a manual for a Bridgport 26909. Also looking for a manual for a South Bend lathe, 14-1/2" x 5 (Catalog No. 183B). Any suggestions? Google was not my friend on this one.

Reply to
Relz

What's a Bridgeport 26909? Or is that the serial number? If it is a Bridgeport milling machine, the most common models are 1J, 2J etc. The CNC machines are normally known as BOSS4, BOSS5, etc. and R2E3, R2E4

Model numbers like that might turn up more on the net.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

There is a door on the side of the Bridgeport that has, casted in the side of it, the words "Model No" then in the space next to it is punched 26 909. On the front of the machine, on the top, on the Spindle Speeds metal tag, it says "Serial No. J-50315". Would this be the model 1J that you are referring?

Relz

Reply to
Relz

That's the serial number for the head. The serial number for the base can be found by sliding the Y way covers towards the knee, which will uncover the number. If you google on Bridgeport serial numbers you will find the list. You have a J-head, that's for sure. I make that head as being made in 1960.

It doesn't matter which Bridgeport you have anyway. You want the Bridgeport manual M-105. It should cost you about $35 -- well, that was the price for a new manual before BP went under (or more accurately was bought out by Hardinge). Contact Hardinge for a new BP manual.

GWE

Reply to
Grant Erwin

This guy's been helpful for me before and he lists a few varieties of the M-105 someone else mentioned.

"I'm not grown up enough to be so old!"

Reply to
Keith Marshall

On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 10:24:41 -0500, "Relz" calmly ranted:

Did you try

P.S: My sphincter contracted when I saw their prices. DO be sitting down when you go there. (FIFTY bucks for sales brochures? Feh!)

Reply to
Larry Jaques