OT-Gunner's making a fool of himself

Yup, that be the one.

Bernd

Gunner wrote in article ...

Just another glaring example of liberals being able to PREACH tolerance much better than they PRACTICE it.

Their TOLERANCE ends where your independent thinking and opinions that are contrary to theirs begin.

If you do not march to the beat of their drummer, they do not TOLERATE you very well.

"Practice more tolerance!", they cry as they are not simply ignoring you with a modicum of tolerance, but very publicly - and politically - announcing the killfiling of you for expressing your own thoughts and ideas which happen to run contrary to theirs.

When it comes to actual tolerance, liberals are all symbolism.....no substance.

It is very Keystone Cop-like to watch them say one thing, then do the exact opposite.

Reply to
Bob Paulin

Gunner, there's a definite difference between 'differences of opinion' and the HATE and crap you often post here. You rarely simply post your view of something, you SLAM and RANT and really show a level of Vitriol that's uncalled for against the other viewpoint, almost to the point of not even talking about your side... just how the OTHER SIDE is so wrong (and as a 'fact' - - not as your opinion).

It's one thing to explain why you feel you are correct; it's an entirely different beast to pounce on opposing views and rip them apart, truth be damned.

This political season has brought out the WORST in you, Gunner. You come across as a red-faced, spitting, raving mad lunatic in some of your posts. There's no reasoning with you or room for actually DISCUSSING an issue with you; it's YOUR way or else everyone is wrong and a "leftist".

You're definitely not winning friends and influencing people here... quite the contrary... you're making people back away from you. People are ignoring you. No matter how far right your views, why even post them if people are skipping your posts or simply reading them as a humorous caricature of the far right?

I do agree about one thing though... when it comes to metalworking, you're THE MAN. I'm glad you're here, and I'm sure after the election court battles, you'll take a deep breath and return to your normal self (more-or-less) hehe.

James, Seattle

Reply to
RainLover

Once again the definition of 'independent' comes up here. Cut-n-paste from the loony region does qualify. Nobody here takes any umbrage with gunner expressing his *own* opinions, which are indeed quite valued by nearly all rcm dwellers.

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen

but its a good way to get your point across, and makes for enjoyable reading

Not really, Ive only been reading this group for a few weeks and Gunner comes across as very easy going.

Ok now you sound like my wife, and isnt that argument just like saying "why cant I ever be right?"

hahah... actually just the opposite

much more important than politics and certainly more mature than killfiles

Reply to
Forger

Very well stated.

Harold

Reply to
Harold & Susan Vordos

Which is often enhanced by Helicobacter pylori, which thrives in the acid condition.

I fully agree with you otherwise.

Harold

Reply to
Harold & Susan Vordos

Is it at all possible that Gunner just MAY be expressing his own, independent opinions - and/or support for other people's concepts - when he posts these "cut 'n' paste" items?

Or is that concept simply too radical?

Such agreement with the items he posts would represent his independent decision to support those posts.....wouldn't it?

I DON'T believe anybody holds a gun to Gunner's head in these cases.

I DO believe he makes a conscious decision to post these because they represent his ideology......much like the Frankens of this world support radical left-wing concepts.

Or did that pass right over you?

For the record, while I proudly call myself a Conservative, Gunner *is* just a bit to the right of my comfort zone.....but, he's certainly entitled to that.

Geez! Will you look at that??

I just used the word "entitled" and it isn't gonna' cost the taxpayer a penny for some sort of new transfer-of-wealth program.

Damned, radical, right-wing thinking.....!!!!!!

Reply to
Bob Paulin

Don Bruder wrote in article ...

I had my tongue planted firmly in my cheek when I stated earlier in this thread.....

"Do you hope Gunner will weep himself to sleep tonight and ponder his wayward life because YOU have killfiled him?"

But, apparently, SOME people actually believe that is exactly what will happen if Gunner is deprived of their approval.

Folks....this isn't the high school popularity contest anymore where you're hoping that Peggy Sue will go to the homecoming football game with you this weekend....

It's the real world.....where some people like you, some people hate you, and the vast majority of people really couldn't care less about you.

Get used to it.......

Please accept my sincere apologies.....

I thought I was posting in Rec.Crafts.Metalworking, but all this talk about "shunning" makes me realize that I accidently stumbled into Rec.Mormon-Religious-Practices by mistake....

But, you speak about shunning as though the people you are shunning actually care about being shunned..........

I have yet to see ANY announced "PLONK!" have ANY sort of effect on the Plonkee.....

In all honesty, have you?????

Reply to
Bob Paulin

I would trade our present administration for *any* of the above. Ford, Carter, Nixon, LBJ were all far smarter and better than what we have now. Never thought I'd say that, but there it is.

Not in the present vein of conservativism. The present kind of 'conservative' thinks nothing of spending up huge federal deficits. This is the new "Tax & Spend" conservativism that I simply don't understand. You don't belong in that group. You're a barry goldwater conservative.

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen

The bacterium that causes ulcers. The man who discovered that proved it by infecting himself with it, thereby giving himself an ulcer.

And curing himself, with antibiotics. The story is that he figured out the statistical connection between long-standing ulcers that magically 'went away' when the patient was treated with antibiotics for some other unrelated condition.

Why do you thing all the formerly-prescription ulcer medications (which didn't work) are now over-the-counter?

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen

No, what would be radical is when a person uses their own words to express what they think or feel. Radical, compelling, unique, thoughtful, etc - use your own term there.

The other problem of much of the cut/paste stuff being simply

*wrong* hasn't been broached yet. For example, the latest 'willie horton made the vaccines go away' and all.

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen

Don Bruder wrote in article ...

In another thread a while back which discussed the merits - or lack thereof

- of killfiling, it was pointed out that even though a person's actual posts have been censored through killfiling, their comments are STILL quoted in replies.......

.....so the killfiler would have to intentionally avoid reading the entire thread in order to avoid being exposed to the censored person's comments - which are alledged to be so offensive to the killfiler.....

This could have easily - and thoroughly - been accomplished in the first place without all the indignant puffery of announcing that a killfiling has taken place.

.....so, REALLY......!!!

What's the sense in killfiling someone who really couldn't care less, when the killfiler actually doesn't avoid having to read that person's comments in other posts?

Is an "announced killfiling" really a sham?......hypocritical?......impotent?

Reply to
Bob Paulin

Pull your tongue out of your cheek, and your head out of your ass, then.

Obviously, you're more interested in turning this into a point-scoring thing than an actual discussion - your sarcasm demonstrates that adequately. That being the case, Here's a key fact: I won't play along.

How would you (or anyone) know, with any kind of certainty?

Reply to
Don Bruder

Yep, I have always maintained that "PLONK" is the cry of a sore loser.

Reply to
sittingduck

Is your attempt to belittle the idea that MAYBE applying some social pressure to those who are behaving unacceptably based on your hatred of the fact that it has been proven functional many times over the millennia, along with a fear that it might be aimed at you and your seemingly intended-to-be-disruptive behavior, or is it just an artifact of your delusion that nobody else cares enough to even make the attempt?

G'night, Bob... You've just demonstrated, to me at least, that you've got nothing useful to say.

Reply to
Don Bruder

No, and here's how you can tell - time and time again when he posts shameless propaganda that's later proven dead wrong, he then claims that he only posted it, and points out that he never said he believed it or agreed with it.

Not radical, just wrong.

Wayne

Reply to
wmbjk

and once gummer enters into a thread, and especially if he started one, killing the whole thing makes more sense than opening the first one. gummers postings lately = garbage. He's been in my lillfile since I got Agent, and it's not the free version.

Reply to
Nobody

Due the Dark Ages mean anything when the church fathers were in control of goverment?

The Leftys don't want you reading books that makes you more inteleigent and the Right wants to take my guns (

Reply to
Bernd

HereHere! Announcing a 'plonk' to the world can often have a very bad effect - some loons (*) will take that as a signal to morph their screen names to get out of your filters.

(* - And Gunner is not a troll, and doesn't deserve anything more than an "Ignore Thread" if you don't want to read that particular topic. Opinionated, you bet. Outspoken, sure. Starts stirring up OT shit at the drop of a hat, yeah he does... But he's sane, which is more than I can say about some trolls I've run across.)

Then when you get pissed again and 'plonk' the second screen name, the troll switches to a third...

In a different unnamed newsgroup, we have one rather persistent troll who has (hang on a minute, let me go count the filter entries) at least 22 different screen names he uses in rotation. The default for my filters is to expire after 30 days of inactivity, so some of his less-used monikers may have fallen off the list.

And when he makes a post and fails to get a rise out of anyone in the group, Name No. 23 will be invented.

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman