OT: Has anyone used one of those Ebay chinese gas producers?

A Seattle company has been selling a small Chinese-made gas producer on E-Bay for a few years, at least. It's the Tian-Tian Inc. JXQ-10A. Recently the price came down to the point where I just had to have one. It's in the back of my pickup truck. Today I bought a 4 wheeled cart from Harbor Freight to mount in on for trials. Now I will be able bolt it together, hook up fan and water supply and give it a try. My first test, after I build a flare for it and get it lit up the first time, will be to run an old 12 HP B&S engine from it. Once the enging runs, then I'll add a generator for load testing. I have a friend who has one of those 6HP slow speed Listeroids hooked up to a 4KW generator, running on waste vegetable oil. I will try to convince him to let me feed this producer gas into it in place of most of the WVO. Then---- well, we'll see. I am looking for anybody who has got one of these and is, or plans to use it for anything. Do you?

Pete Stanaitis

Reply to
spaco

Is this one of the "HHO" H2O generators? Basically boils water to produce steam. If it did produce hydrogen gas, it would need to be dried before using. Would be mostly water vapor.

Paul

Reply to
co_farmer

Could you post a link to it?

Reply to
Richard W.

And those two pages will link you to a heretofore-unthought-of world of gasification. It (gasification) was a common thing, in Europe, during that quaint interlude often referred to as WWII.

Flash

Reply to
Flash

Tian Inc, Titanic?

Reply to
Stupendous Man

Yes, this is the machine. However, the drawing on the first link below, although it has the correct model #, isn't like the machine I have. That drawing was (apparently) used in obtaining the patent, but, in practice, the filter section (inside the box)is very different. If you download the pdf, it is pretty much like the instructions that came with it. I am in the process of producing CAD drawings of it now, and I still haven't gotten access to some of the components inside, since it is all welded together. The picture of the exterior in the second link is pretty accurate.

I am thinking of adding a page to my website

just for this thing, to try to locate others who have them.

Thanks for the input so far, Pete Stanaitis

Flash wrote:

Reply to
spaco