OT how do I search newsgroups?

I know there is a way to do this, but, I can't remember how. I want to search for a thread that was posted several years ago. How do I do that? Thanks

Reply to
Chief McGee

I use

Steve Peterson

Head to groups.google.com. You may want to use the "advanced search" function if you know the rough date, which group it was in, etc.

Regards,

Robin

Reply to
Robin S.

Here's the "Magic URL":

RAM³

The Advanced Groups Search link

Top section - your choice of search terms, topic, specific brand name, model number, etc.

Group - rec.crafts.metalworking or other specific group that exists. Otherwise, all newsgroups will be searched for your terms/keywords, resulting in excessive results usually. Subject (line) - optional Author - optional

Language - optional

Message Dates - very handy tool, eliminates or includes years of posts returned. If looking for info about a 10 year old item, earlier years can be excluded. No point in searching years prior to the item's existence (in many cases).

Chief McGee wrote:

Reply to
Wild Bill