OT - how to enter the USA illegally - if you really want to!!

I had a great flight to Vancouver from Brisbane via New Zealand and Los Angeles, but was staggered at the ridiculous process for transit passengers
at LAX.
It runs something like this:- Queue up to get off the plane Queue up to go through immigration - "But I'm in transit to Vancouver in Canada" Get issued with 6 month tourist visa which I did nt want Queue up to get baggage Queue up to get baggage xrayed and searched Queue up to put baggage into non existant transit baggage service Exit terminal at arrivals - ie go outside into an uncontrolled area where I could have bought a small thermo nuclear weapon (for personal protection of course) Re enter terminal at departures Queue up to get to ticket checkin (although bags checked in Brisbane for Vancouver) Checkin with tickets and get allocated seats and baggage tags Queue at baggage checkin for baggage to be xrayed and searched Go to personal checkin queue Put cabin baggage through xray machine and self through metal detector - steel in shoelace rings sets off alarms. Enter "suspect queue" Get frisked by someone whose frisking training was a bit light - but he did have a magic wand with a "low battery" warning lamp flashing away which did not buzz when he ran over my belt buckle (it did in Brisbane). Take off shoes and belt. Re enter metal detector and nothing happens. Get dressed again - shoes on, belt on. Thanked frisker for his time and efforts - stunned look on frisker's face. Go to departure gate lounge and F...ING queue again to get on the airplane. No one takes the immigration tab stapled to my passport - so for all intents and purposes I suppose I'm still in the USA.
In contrast the arrival in Vancouver. Bags arrived before I did at the carousel. No queue at immigration - ok I lie there was 10 people in front of me. Immigration guy says "Hi, can I see your passports, staying long?, we're busy in the city at present I hope you have hotel reservations (stamp, stamp on passport). Have a pleasant stay" Go to customs green lane, dogs sniff at bags, passed through with a have a "pleasant stay".
So my advice to all would be illegal immigrants to the USA is to just buy a ticket which transits through LAX. In fact I shall be writing to my MP suggesting this as a viable solution to illegals arriving in Australia rather than putting them up on Pacific Islands for months.
Let the flames begin
I missed the staff meeting but the minutes show Gunner
rec.crafts.metalworking :

    I think what has him "irked" (or at least has me irked) is that he was issued a temporary visa (good for six months) for a six hour stay. He's "changing planes", not "visiting the country". He's transiting the airport, not the country! for crying out loud! (I used to "transit" Austria every time I went to Switzerland from German. "Reisen durch autotramp" usually meant walking across the border.)
    The US hands out "temporary" visas, and then has no means of checking to see if the person listed left the country. "Border control" doesn't end at the border.
tschus pyotr
ps.    My brother managed to get through two years of traveling in Europe with only one Border Control stamp - going into Liechtenstein. (That only occurred because his father took all the passports in to get them stamped.) He was, upset.)
-- pyotr filipivich When did the word "mosque" take on the meaning "store house for weapons"?