OT: How to handle complaints

On the way into the shop I stopped to pick-up John the bookkeeper that rides the bus. As he got in the van he spied my little bag of doggie cookies.
"Road snacks? he asks. I explain: " I get home I take 2 cookies from the bag and head to the house. As soon as the dogs hear the van door close they start barking like hell. I open the front door a crack and see two little black noses, one on top of the other, and shove a cookie in each little mouth. The dogs then SHUT-UP and GO-AWAY!!!"
John looks at me for a long time and finally says: "Can we get a big box of cookies for the office?"